Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It just gets better and better for Sky Sports...look at this!!! AMAZING!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Excellent :)

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

eh werent they showing a few live games a week already!!

so its really nothing new unless u want to believe the sky hype!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

eh werent they showing a few live games a week already!!

no they were not. get your facts right. they showed one every now and again.

Been well posted about what happened here is a summation :)

AudioVisual tried to buy La Liga rights for 170 million ,big clubs said no we want more ,little clubs had no choice.

Big clubs wanted bigger deal team by team, AudioVisual held out and got it for xxxx (must find out)
    Sky buy the rights of AudioVisual therefore Sky had it for previous seasons but not the next 3, they do now.

PL was a Billion ,La Liga was 170 (not sure) Serie A has a crappy deal also in ref: to PL.

Weird that.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Won't be the same without the commentary as Gaeilge

• Advertisement

You are ripping the piss aren't you? Oh dear God you must be...or are you really that mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

tis great to have Spanish footy on a saturday and sunday evening on sky, very entertaining football. and we'll have a prem match at 3 o clock every saturday over here aswell starting next year!! roll on the good times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Tere was a game every saturday night last season mainly on Sky 1 or2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by UbahOne

you are wrong. they showed 2 live games a week last season. one on a saturday and another on sundays. they were usually on SS1 and SSX

Sorry! Didnt have Sky sports ex then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Hairy Homer
    hahaha... that was funny alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by UbahOne

maybe you should get your facts straight first

i dont have sky sports at all but i knew they should at least 2 games a weeks and they always showed the big games (eg barca vs madrid are always good to watch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky were supposed to be showing Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona
    tonight but have changed it to Real Madrid v Real Betis
    instead. that and Real Madrid again during the week. has Sky's coverage turned into the David Beckham show :(

i dont have sky sports at all but i knew they should at least 2 games a weeks

Are you sure? Can someone verify this?

For the last 2 season they showed 2 games a week.
    Sat and sun with 9pmish kick offs.

Only showed the cup this year cos they could and Beckham was in it.

If you can watch them you should its superb football to watch.
    They repeated mon and tue afternoons at midday so handy for me cos im off then :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    Sky were supposed to be showing Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona
    tonight but have changed it to Real Madrid v Real Betis
    instead. that and Real Madrid again during the week. has Sky's coverage turned into the David Beckham show :(

There was a plan to show his first 5 games or something like that. Last season I got to see a lot of Barcelona on Sunday nights, they better not start showing Real Madrid all the time instead.

Afaik they dont choose who they show ,they buy the feed from AudioVisual and then show it exactly as it is with "Cambio" popping up when subs come on.

The AV guys direct all cameras but Sky have commentators in the grounds so you see Valencia ,Depor Real ,Barca Atletico etc:
    Similiar deal as prem everyone must be shown once so get to see every team at some stage.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

Guys

I can confirm that sky have showed 2 live matchs per week, one on Saturday and one on Sunday at 8.30pm ! Great stuff, nearly as good as premeir league haha.

My mate works for them so i got him to confirm this and it was on sky sports 1 and extra.

Good to hear it is to continue for us!

Advertisement