Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

teaching in Ireland

• 29-08-2003 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

If I have a double bachelor's of Arts in theatre

What certs and where can I go to become a teacher in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭norma

What kind of teaching are you interested in getting into and who do you intend to work for? You might want to talk directly to the agency (guilds etc.) with whom you intend to work to see what level of qualifications they require for teaching positions.

The most common way in Ireland of adding a teaching qualification to an existing degree is by getting a Higher Diploma in Education (commonly referred to as "The H. Dip.") from one of the universities. It's usually one year full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Souperfreak

I am not really sure what kind of teaching I would like to teach acting to about secondary or just starting secondary school level.

Or college age but I don' have the degree for that I kknow for sure.

high school age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭norma

Most secondary schools in Ireland will not have a dedicated drama teacher. Usually it is done as an extra-curricular activity through the goodwill of the general academic staff.
    One way to get into it would be to contact the Arts Council. They sponsor individuals and groups to visit schools with educational programmes. They might be able to give you more information about what you're trying to do.
    Otherwise, you would be talking about starting up a private venture not associated with a school - evening classes etc.
    Norma.

Advertisement