Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wish we had sky sports extra...

• 29-08-2003 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

I know it was mentioned recently. But is there any way this channel can even be purchased? I'd really like to have it.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

It didn't look very likely that we would ever get it a while ago. (Sky wanted to keep it for themselves so they could be the only operators to offer it, ie. try to entice cable customers to move to them ).

Things seem to be changing though. (after all we have just after getting some of their other channels - Sky One Mix, Sky Sports News, The Amp, Flaunt & Scuzz)

It's looking more & more likely in the UK that they'll get Sky Sports Xtra. If they do get SSX, NTL Ireland would really like to get it here & to stop their customers leaving them for Sky.

I also believe ntl are in the process of doing a big deal with Sky to get Sky Active. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

I also believe ntl are in the process of doing a big deal with Sky to get Sky Active.

ESSENTIAL!!! So that would mean we have those 8 mini screen to choose from as well isnt it? YAY!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by UbahOne
    ESSENTIAL!!! So that would mean we have those 8 mini screen to choose from as well isnt it? YAY!:D

Yep, fingers crossed, but theres been no official announcements about it yet. Besides this only applies to ntl:home int the UK at the moment.

I doubt we will be able get any interactive/ETV feaures till sometime next year.

From Mark Mohan (Marketing & Sales Director, ntl Ireland) :
    Enhanced/Interactive applications are at planning stage and we would envisage the first such applications being launched next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Damn why are Ireland so slow about all these things!? Ah well at least thats progress i suppose...:rolleyes:

fingers crossed anyway.

Advertisement