Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(another) age question

• 29-08-2003 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

im 17, she's 15...

anyone got a problem with that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Well what would you be planning to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

17 is the legal age here, so basically you touch her your feiced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Sex with her is illegal.

It's only 2 years, so no other moral issues should come up.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Currently in ireland 17 is the legal age for lesbian, gay and straight sex. though 15 it is for oral sex. never quite got that one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

2 yrs age difference aint a big deal, the only prob is at ur ages, when you turn 18, and she's only 15/16, you have this whole social world open to you of pubs, clubs, lap dancers and general debauchary, which she wont be able to join in with for at least 2 yrs (legally that is, remember if she gets turned away at the door you, being her man, are obliged to bring her home).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This was on the Gerry Ryan show thw other morning.. I hate that monkey by the way.

The legal age for fellas in 17 and it is 17 for girls. For any gay action, both parties must be 17.

[edit: to correct the age << Fio >> ]

Edited from 15 and 17 above respecitvely.

As per the Gerry Ryan show last week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

im 17, she's 15...

speaking as the mother of a 15 year old, I'd say to you, think long and hard before you bring this relationship to a sexual level, if it is something you are thinking of in the future, make sure you go to great lengths to have safe sex, the pill and a condom!
    at your age you do not want to ruin both your lives by becoming parents, not to mention the ramifications of this if her parents find out!
    I do not believe a 15 year old is emotionally ready for a sexual relationship, be smart!

Personally speaking, if my daughter elected to go out with a 17 year old, I would be leaving her under no illusions as to what a 17 year old boy is looking for under such circumstances
    (actually, she's under no illusions already)
    above all, don't be selfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

it's illegal for a 17 year old to sleep with a 16 year old. But it's legal for a 60 year old to sleep with a 17 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by MrNuked
    it's illegal for a 17 year old to sleep with a 16 year old. But it's legal for a 60 year old to sleep with a 17 year old.

I never thought of it like that before. But at least at 17 you have some sense in you not to go off with a 60 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    The legal age for fellas in 15 and it is 17 for girls. For any gay action, both parties must be 17.
    No it isn't you mong. www.ageofconsent.com

• Advertisement

Originally posted by crash_000
    Currently in ireland 17 is the legal age for lesbian, gay and straight sex. though 15 it is for oral sex. never quite got that one....
    Can you confirm this with links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    im 17, she's 15...

speaking as the mother of a 15 year old, I'd say to you, think long and hard before you bring this relationship to a sexual level, if it is something you are thinking of in the future, make sure you go to great lengths to have safe sex, the pill and a condom!
    at your age you do not want to ruin both your lives by becoming parents, not to mention the ramifications of this if her parents find out!
    I do not believe a 15 year old is emotionally ready for a sexual relationship, be smart!

Personally speaking, if my daughter elected to go out with a 17 year old, I would be leaving her under no illusions as to what a 17 year old boy is looking for under such circumstances
    (actually, she's under no illusions already)
    above all, don't be selfish

The best thing you can hope for is that her first boy friend is a real asswhole, and she realises this. Don't know how many so called "smart" girls i know who ended up pregnant because of love or some such crap. An 17 year old boyo after one thing, and the 17 year of guys that aint, well 15 year old girls don't find them attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

When I was 16 my boyfriend was 18 and we never had any age problems. We were both on the same level though, as in both in 6th year and about to start college, so it never mattered that there was 2 years between us. It never really came up when we went out to pubs and clubs either because I was able to get in to most places, but on the odd occasion i wouldn't get in it was really annoying but we would just do something else instead.

Originally posted by Wyvern
    When I was 16 my boyfriend was 18
    For a moment, I was getting really worried about Joe and any potential future Sarah Michelle Gellar threads.

Wyvern(usedid=19779) = female
    Wyverne(usedid=1036) = male

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    speaking as the mother of a 15 year old
    Bet you a pound it's your daughter he's after

(/wonders if he's gone too far)

As people have said, sex is out of the question. Don't even think about it (if that's possible when you're 17). Other than that there's no real problem. Her parents will be as suspicious as hell (if it was my daughter, I'd be giving you the relaxed sit down followed by a promise to remove a testicle if anything happened routine)

Can you confirm this with links?

No, it was on the Gerry Ryan show last Thursday or Friday moring. Sort of impossible to get links on that one. The discussion lasted about an hour - and yes, I dislike the show.

I emailed the show there, will hopefully get a reply soon.

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    I emailed the show there, will hopefully get a reply soon.
    I'm not saying this is necessarily authoritive, but :

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ireland.htm "IRELAND LAWS: 1. Has no sodomy laws, the age of sexual consent is 17 for homosexual males regarding anal and oral sex, 15 for lesbians, and for heterosexuals oral sex is legal at age 15."

I know where you are coming from. I personally beleive it is 17 too... I am just curious to be honest. It would seem aq bit messed up for the legal age to be 15 for fellas then 17 for girls. The law seems to be totally for a girls protection anyway, so all this would imply is that there is no age for fellas recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Cheers victor, that was the link i was searching for :)

dunno how accurate it is, but it seems to be pretty right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by age-conscious
    im 17, she's 15...

anyone got a problem with that?

I am 17, my sister is 15. There is no way I would leave her go out with someone my age as I know myself they'd only be in it for sex. Don't think my parents would leave her go with a 17 year old either!

I am 17, my sister is 15. There is no way I would leave her go out with someone my age as I know myself they'd only be in it for sex. Don't think my parents would leave her go with a 17 year old either!

In all fairness, a 15 year old fella would be just as bad as a 17 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

There is nothing wrong with it, as long as you are both on the same level mentaly and maturity wise. There is a noticable age gap between me and my g/f, we have been goign out 4 months now. Her parents only made any objections this weekend, but only in relation to her exams and studing. Never mind what people are saying about sex adn ages extra, a relationship isn't about sex or the legal age, personally I don't know about anyone who went by their legal age, they had it when they felt ready. Thats my 2cents, hope it helps.

Originally posted by Havelock
    Her parents only made any objections this weekend, but only in relation to her exams and studing.
    Studing?

Advertisement