Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netsource Bb Question

• 29-08-2003 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

hi, everybody,i just got the package from netsource this morning,they say the the planned release date is 9th ,sept.that's 10 more days to go,i can't wait to fly ,you know?so i want to know do i have to wait that long,did anyone get before the planned release date?
    thakns!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

post people get activated before provisioned date, myseld i got activated after 8 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I was about 2 weeks late :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Howdy. I ordered Tuesday the 19th and was online on Friday the 29th, despite the postage thing saying I would be online Sept 28th... So this is my first day online :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

6 working days for me, from order to activation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

6 working days for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Me three, 6 working days also.

Netsource seem to be very fast and effecient in setting people up, good stuff.

But I think it may depend on your exchange location. Big city exchanges probably have DSL engineers dedicated to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I think mine was around 8 working days. If I remember correctly the 10 days isn't a netsource thing, its eircom. Eircom have a flip a switch or some such thing at the exchange and they are supposed to do it within 10 working days, at least thats what Netsource led me to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Once you get your details from Netsource plug in your DSL modem and set it up. If you start getting a response from it then off you go. I had it within a few days of ordering (less than 10 days by a long way).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

waaa? is there a new package being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    waaa? is there a new package being released?

Thats what im wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by STaN
    Thats what im wondering

Um - please explain - its the same Netsource dsl - no?
    Havent seen anything else refered to...

ozmo
    Getting DSL installed June 27 to 1 September and counting...
    Story of my woes with DSL
    here.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I've had this DSL since Q2 this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

I just ordered Netsource on Friday. Line test was a OK :D

So Now in Homers words ""And now we play the waiting game. ... Oh, the waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos." (Thanks Joemomma)

Just have to order my modem now. Then I will be flying high. All this talk of capping is making me nervous, but hey, ill upgrade if I do get a cap problem.

Anywho Lets see what happens.

How long did it take for the package to come after you rang them up guys/galls?

I take it most of you who were lucky for 6 working days are outside of Dublin?

Applied for BB last Friday afternoon with netsource, got the package yesterday: Thursday.....4 and half working days aint half bad........

Now I'm not sure if it is the modem, but I can't connect yet......Still though....

Originally posted by XPThink
    Applied for BB last Friday afternoon with netsource, got the package yesterday: Thursday.....4 and half working days aint half bad........

Now I'm not sure if it is the modem, but I can't connect yet......Still though....

Netsource started the installation last Monday Evening - it was working by Thursday the following week (yesterday).
    8 or 9 working Days - very good.

ozmo.

“Roll it back”

Ozmo do you use an ethernet or usb modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I got mine back in July, it took 4 working days :D

Originally posted by XPThink
    Ozmo do you use an ethernet or usb modem?

Bad experience with usb modems on my Dell P220 dual p3 machine. Tried three ISDN usb modems and one eircom pstn usb modem - They all give me random blue screens. (most recent bios - latest drivers (direct from haynes r&d in one case) - and a reinstalled WinXp and SP1 didnt help).

USB modems really suck - just check your cpu usage after you go online and then disconnect again - my cpus used to idle then at 5 to 10% usage even after disconnecting - only a reboot brought it back to 0% usage.

So I'm currently using the Eircom ethernet modem (zxycel speedtouch home) that a friend got with his eircom before he moved to a router. I'll be doing the same soon now I've got dsl working.

Its not great as it doesnt have PPPoE built in and has only one ethernet port. I currently have it plugged into a hub and have PC and a wireless hub for the laptop plugged into that also. Messy but so far free :)
    I probably will get a DLink all in one solution (DSL, Switch and Wireless).

ozmo.

“Roll it back”

do you need an ethernet port for PPPOE or is that just the expression, "over ethernet?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

You can use PPPoE with a USB modem. It's just a protocol, it doesn't matter what kind of hardware or port is used as long as it adheres to the protocol for sending and recieving frames.

Ahhhhhhh phew........

Thanks a million for that....Ill delete my original thread...

Thanks.

Advertisement