Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1hr Smash Bros Melee, oh yes!

• 29-08-2003 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

Just had a 60 minute smash Bros melee with Man U Babe, Twas great! We were going to do 99 minute but were kinda tired... Alas I lost... Played that game nearly constantly for about 3 days. Twas fantastic. Anyone else try to blitz that game? I suppose the thing to do is turn off the time and pauses and play till only one player is left conscience, then check the score... You could put it on single button mode to be extra cruel...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

And I beat his ass into submission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

For the record the score was:
    Me: KOs 21, Falls 34, SDs 16
    Man U Babe: KOs 25, Falls 25, SDs 19
    So there wasn't a hell os a lot in it.

And I won the first Kirby War. This is kinda turnin into a friendly flame war.

What's the longest anyone's had a continuous Melee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

heh, beaten by a gurl!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Hehehehehehehe.:D :D:D:D:D

Well I would have been better if I had more practice, But I lent my copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee to someone just as soon as she got a GameCube, depriving me o practice, despite the fact that she can get a discount on games. Wonder who that could be?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I challenge her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Kold
    I challenge her.

By challenge I assume you mean stalk because that's our Koldie :/

You know me too well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Challenge accepted.

Um...where u live?

• Advertisement

Um...where u live?
    Tallaght. U?

Cork...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Tallaght, Cork i foresee some difficulties

Well last time i went to Dublin for a girl was cos we were gettin a hotel together... *cough* lol j/k :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

so yous played smash brothers in the hotel? perhaps even strip smash brothers?

Well last time i went to Dublin for a girl was cos we were gettin a hotel together

Well whoever losses... :rolleyes:

.oOo.

Strip Smash Bros. Hmm... how would that work? "Feel the mite of Link's sword..." :D

Careful though, she's fond of the old crotch-kicking, eh M. o. F. *wink*...

We'll get syth to play strip ssbm with kold... every time someone gets KOed or they SD they have to take off another item of clothing! dont think theyd last a 1hr melee like that though :D :ninja:

We'll get syth to play strip ssbm with kold... every time someone gets KOed or they SD they have to take off another item of clothing! dont think theyd last a 1hr melee like that though

Hmm didn't know you liked that kind of thing... Count me out tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Tallaght, Cork i foresee some difficulties

Its times like these you wish Nintendo would venture into online gaming...

Super Smash Bros. Online... me likes.

ohhh online SSBM... You could have more than 4 people playin at any one time... Imagine 64 players at once.. >:-)
    Twould be carnage.

• Advertisement

LoL that would suck so much.

But for the pure silly fun of it...

Its not about fun.... ssbm is honour in the circles i run in

We're mostly oriental and sad :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,922 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pah! and to think that Praetorian thinks it sucks and theres no skill in it despite only playing it 3 times. Sure what does he know.

I dont get how people can think this is a senseless no skill game. I mean some of those trophey matches are DAMN hard. Tell Prae he's stupid.

Yeah you need lotsa skill. Sure you can pick it up in 3 minutes and be able to be bashing away at the A button, but there is lots more to it. Easy to learn, hard to master...

B*tching game though. I wish there was some way to trade trophies though, that'd be cool, I mean there is 2 memory card slots...

You're just saying that cos you realised down in clare that i had loads more trophies than you.

The reason you had more trophies than is that you had borrowed my game when you got your cube, which i mentioned above.

But it's just that it'd be good to be able to trade trophies. Hopefully if/when SSBM 2 comes out you can do that. You wind up with more than 1 thophy for loadsa trophies. It's be cool, then becaise you could probably get money for your SSBMing, it could be your job... cool...

I think it'd be good to resurrect the idea of a ssbm comp

• Advertisement

Did that not get organised? Wow you must really be bad at organisating. I wouldn't be able to do anything soon, as college starts in few days, but I'm sure we'd be able to find a TV lying around UCD, services's idea of an anti-theft device is a note saying 'please don't steal me', seriously.

see bad organisation skills

Advertisement