Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iptables configurator

• 29-08-2003 10:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'm talking about things like KISS, Bastille and APF. Any recommendations? I normally get someone to secure boxes when I move into them but I've had enough of their p1ssing about.

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I'm talking about things like KISS, Bastille and APF. Any recommendations? I normally get someone to secure boxes when I move into them but I've had enough of their p1ssing about.

adam

APF is modular made by r-fx the makers of the likes of SIM, offers D-Shield plugins.

APF has also allows started to offer ddos filtering although its still very experimental where it parses the log entries for suspicious activity and runs them against its antidos config.

Quick easy advanced iptable policy I use to use it, tought it was quite neat.

Bastille I use to use aswell, not as light weight as APF, mails you a lot of crap offers various other system lockdown methods. If you have more than one box I wouldnt recommend bastille due to the work load it brings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You don't seem to say what you use now Tom?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by dahamsta
    You don't seem to say what you use now Tom?

adam

I am using a inhouse custom solution at the moment (not released and i am under contract for 3 years which wont allow me to release it) :) apf done me back in the day :) its a good firewall should do you fine. Its better than kiss or bastille, ryan@r-fx.net is the developer drop him a line if you want some in dept advice. Or you will find him on irc.whtchat.com #wht under the nick Teck7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Arno's iptables scripts are pretty good

http://rocky.molphys.leidenuniv.nl/page/iptables/main.htm

Especially for dial-up machines, it only takes minutes to configure.

Regards...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sorry, should have said, this is for servers. Red Hat 7.2 & 7.3 boxes.

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement