Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Official EA/Dice ] Battlefield 1942 v1.45 Released!

Options
  • 29-08-2003 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Well, just moments ago the v1.45 patch has been released. It slowly making its way onto the BF Community sites but i have it here first ;)
    8/29/03 - Community Update

Ten hut soldiers!

Today we have three items of interest for you. First, the 1.45 patch has been released. Head over to the download page and upgrade your game. Or better yet, click on the link below to start downloading it now.

1.45 Incremental - 50.2 MB - 1.4 users download this.
    battlefield_1942_patch_v1.4-v1.45.18_incremental.exe i] See mirrors on next post[/i

1.45 Stand Alone Server Incremental - 36.2 MB - 1.4 users download this.
    battlefield_1942_server_v1.4-v1.45.18_incremental.exe i] See mirrors on next post[/i

1.45 Full - 107 MB
    battlefield_1942_patch_v1.45.18.exe i] See mirrors on next post[/i

1.45 Full Stand Alone Server - 101 MB
    battlefield_1942_server_v1.45.18.exe i] See mirrors on next post[/i

Second, many of you have been asking about renting servers. We’re please to announce that today we are launching our official Battlefield 1942 server rental program.

BF 1942 Server Rental Information
    Ever wanted to command your own server? Does your Squad need a place to practice or fight other Squads? Beginning with the release of 1.45, we will be launching the Battlefield Server Lease Program to meet the needs and wants of the Community. This program provides high-bandwidth, high spec machines (equivalent to those we use for the Official EA Battlefield Servers) to members of the Battlefield Community to lease and serve Battlefield 1942, Road to Rome, Secret Weapons or Desert Combat. For the prices listed below, you will be getting not only a personal battlefield on which to play but also the ability to configure to your preferences. Command is yours: Change the map rotation, add or remove an admin password, add or remove server operators, turn team kill on or off, etc. -- all through an outstanding HTML interface -- then click a button and within 60-seconds your server will be rebooted and ready to go with the new settings. The power is yours... use it well, soldier.

Server lease rates are $8 dollars per slot per month for a public server (can be password-ed/unpassword-ed at any time for those unexpected clan matches) or $4 dollars per slot per month for a private server (password-ed all the time, ideal for clan practices) -- plus initial setup fees.

Interested? Then follow the links!

http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/order Order a server now.
    http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/manage Admin your server.

Secret Weapons Set to Ship
    Finally, we’d just like to remind you that Secret Weapons will be shipping next Wednesday, September 3rd. You’ll start to see it at various retail outlets that evening, then everywhere else by the following Friday. So happy hunting with the Secret Weapons of WWII.

If you pre-order Secret Weapons of WWII now, you'll save a few bucks on shipping because EA will ship it to you at no cost.

We'll wrap-up this community update with the 1.4 patch details.

The 1.45 patch comes with the following features:

** IMPORTANT INFO INVOLVING AIR CONTROLS IN PATCH 1.45 **

Patch 1.45 has introduced 3 new AIR controls, located under CONTROLS in the OPTIONS menu, on the 2nd page of the AIR tab. If you have applied the 1.45 patch to an existing, previously played install of Battlefield 1942, you will need to define keys for these controls in order for them to work while playing.

For reference, if you apply the 1.45 patch to an installation of Battlefield 1942 that has not been previously played, the keys are setup by default as follows :

AIR Control

Default Key
    GO TO POSITION 4 -- Key 4
    GO TO POSITION 5 -- Key 5
    GO TO POSITION 6 -- Key 6

NETWORK/SERVER FIXES
    game.listPlayers will now display client IP addresses when run from the server console

CLIENT FIXES
    • Support for Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII expansion pack
    • Land vehicles will not respawn if player is too close to spawnpoint.
    • Def Gun now has shell icon instead of rocket.
    • Fixed issue with using the mouse wheel as a control.
    • AI skill no longer resets to EASY when browsing menus.
    • Dropped kits stay on static objects such as bridges, houses, etc.
    • Fixed issue with disappearing buttons after activating a custom game.
    • Tooltips added for Def Gun, stationary MG42 and stationary Browning.
    • Kits can no longer be picked up from a distance.
    • Fixed force from explosions on vehicles which were sometimes wrong, and caused vehicles to roll over.
    • AI players don't count when voting in COOP.
    • Possible to select position 4, 5 and 6 in aircrafts.
    • Console background does not disappear after switching to main menu.
    • Changing camera view while shooting or leaving water works.
    • CO-OP briefing text now displays the specific conquest type for each map (Assault, Head-On or Hybrid)
      Names with line-feeds are now valid.
    • Fixed floating exploit.
    • Fixed first person animations, which sometimes stopped prematurely.
    • Fixed crash when changing camera view under certain conditions.
    Well folks, that’s all for this week’s update. As always, stay tuned to this space for the latest Battlefield franchise news!

EAComMike and the rest of the Battlefield team.

Mirrors are on the post below

Comments

Advertisement