Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can people here actually write Chinese?

Options
  • 30-08-2003 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Can people here actually write Chinese? I can a bit, not a lot though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mous_Busy

i can电风扇的

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

余可以寫小小中文

not even sure if that was right.

damn didn't come out right, was meant to be in big 5, turned out to only be in simplified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 SKWei

I can write, but it's really really ugly! When we started, it was all full-form characters, but the teacher didn't really explain how we really should copy the sample strokes exactly -- there was something of an "your foreigners, it doesn't matter if you can't write well" attitude. Students in Paris as well as those who start from scratch in China have much better handwriting than anyone in my class had.
    As for writing style, it's mostly spoken style put into writing, rather than formal bookish language, which I usually have to get checked.
    Of course, my English handwriting is awful too!

I don't know too much words in writing, but I'm learning (or trying to) about 3 or 4 words everyday so my vocabulary and writing is improving somewhat alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

yes,
    remember folks, Mandarin, Oriental culture and China is growing fast
    1 in 6 people speak Mandarin, knowing Japanese characters is an advantage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mous_Busy

why you people so interested in chinese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ezpzie

I can write a bit, but really ugly!
    I can read more due to watching chinese soaps with the subtitles on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Treetypie

Ermm I can write a good bit and read a good bit. But not really all that much and I can only read traditional writing and write it too.

有無入識寫廣東話?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Treetypie

I don't think my computer has chinese enabled so what did you just write?LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    Can people here actually write Chinese?

Chinese

Originally posted by Neo-
    Chinese

stop trolling and being a smartalec.

Originally posted by Treetypie
    I don't think my computer has chinese enabled so what did you just write?LOL

I said "anyone know how to write cantonese?" I thought windows included the traditional and simplified chinese fonts did it not?

Advertisement