Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Not the lyrics board": another game, of sorts...

• 30-08-2003 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

This is purely make-it-up-as-you-go-along time. No cheating and using obsucre lyrics or lines from books or songs.

1. The game starts with a single sentence (below)
    2. You read the sentence and add another sentence, depending on what you think the previous stuff means
    3. Next person reads the previous lines and tries to analyse where it's going, then adds another line
    4. etc etc.

Note: It doesn;'t have to look or feel like a song lyric or a poem. In other words, the end result may well look like a rambling story. This is an ancient past-time so everyone should be well able for it!

Ron, IrishUnsigned.com

Here goes something odd:

Somewhere in the deep, deep down there is a problem

Who's next with a line...? Copy this line and add your own.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

involving jam and purple monsters and Pete Reed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Originally posted by memaeve
    Somewhere in the deep, deep down there is a problem involving jam and purple monsters and Pete Reed

travelling to a far and distant land without hookers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

travelling to a far and distant land without hookers.
    where the cotton is high and the natives dance like dogs without paws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

But then one day a law man appeared, bringing frankenscene, mir and gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

The law man was wise, and tall, and he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The law man was wise, and tall, and he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. .....

...... and some cake.

And he said "......

'Welcome to you oh Pete of the Reed, Monsters of the purpley evil and also a most gracious welcome we bestow upon your jammy friend because.......'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Engulfophobia_m

because on my unicycle i read wilde aloud in the poppy fields, and the russians rush in, mystical mist tickle

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭healyron

This is getting weird already but so far we have:

involving jam and purple monsters and Pete Reed
    travelling to a far and distant land without hookers
    But then one day a law man appeared, bringing frankenscene, mir and gold
    The law man was wise, and tall, and he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders
    ...... and some cake. And he said "......
    'Welcome to you oh Pete of the Reed, Monsters of the purpley evil and also a most gracious welcome we bestow upon your jammy friend because.......'
    because on my unicycle i read wilde aloud in the poppy fields, and the russians rush in, mystical mist tickle

NEXT...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

"Is this an orangutang I see before me?" inquired Pete.

• Advertisement

"Actually, it's my Aunt Chloe, but I can see where you'd make that mistake," I said with a chuckle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

"Yes its her eyes obviously, haha." Pete agreed whole-heartedly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

"Yes its her eyes obviously, haha." Pete agreed whole-heartedly.

then he said 'So.....what about that cake...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas well?'

and the Lawman said....."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

then he said 'So.....what about that cake...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas well?'

and the Lawman said....."

......"Never mind the cake. I STILL cant believe that is not an orangutang!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

......"Never mind the cake. I STILL cant believe that is not an orangutang!"

Yes my Aunt Chloe does have a habit of dragging her knuckles along the floor, she used to have a really big paper round and that cake is from the wedding,

Do you know who she just married, it was the despicable....

... Gargamel. Perhaps you remember him, the evilest of the evil who constantly tormented our little blue friends, the Smurfs?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

... Gargamel. Perhaps you remember him, the evilest of the evil who constantly tormented our little blue friends, the Smurfs?"

"No" came the reply and with that the Law Man, Pete and Aunt Chloe began disecting the remains of the last hooker, cradling each organ lovingly before gingerly transfering it to its premarked recepticle and filling the newly formed cavity with a suitably sized piece of cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

The hooker rose from the dead, and ran off with a spring in her eye and a sparkle in her step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

but no town would let her in because all her insides were showing, and the cake had cherry iceing that made it worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

..so she bought a new, shimmering, purpleular dress, and they let her come in from the cold and the rain. so she whored herself henceforth under a brilliant new name, not chloe, not lawman, but pete. and with this name came waves of new punters, who gorged upon her sweet sweet innards. and she made quite a bit, and the cake did she ****, so eventually, she died, as a sinner.

• Advertisement

it thus fell upon Pete, the lawman and Chloe to deal witht he ex-hooker, as she had stipulated in her will. It had also been ordained in said will that....

....that rather than bury her body, they must preserve it through taxidermic methods and continue serving cake from her body cavity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Engulfophobia_m

then pete sank into a lad....deep into jesus he cried, abandoned him had his will he must now plunge with wanton skill, barge intact, filthy stick forcefeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭iornman

....and yet it all seemed so pointless and he began to feel the pain of guilt he thought he had buried so long ago..

Advertisement