Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we kick it...

Options
  • 30-08-2003 4:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Just in case any of you are in a band (as if...) might I suggest you get yourself lsited on the Artists section of IrishUnsigned.com as we are about to get involved in a couple of projects that may well be of interest to you and we will be using the IU site database as a reference source for both contacting bands and generating material.

We currently have over 100 bands listed and it's increasing daily. There are links to about 300 songs online for free download, as well as our IU Online Stream (which is approx 12 hours of streaming, randomised, 100% new, indie, DIY Irish music)

All sounds very businesslike and formal, and sorry if it's ****ed up your hangover. However, we have to be deliberately vague. I posted somethig a few weeks back and someone took offence. Ah, well, the world is full of them peeps...

Bottom line is this: when we're up and running on the various things we're examining - which will be before Xmas - we will be able to *guarantee* (yep, I said guarantee) any band will make it into the Irish charts when they release a single/EP or Album. We won;t make them any money - that's not what we're about. We *will* get them a fair bit more exposure than they would otherwise, and without the cost of having to drive up and down the country buying their own CD's back from stores and singing "G-G-G-Galway...". Once in the charts and on radio (which is the main complaint of all bands in ireland) the rest is up to them, to hard work and to lady luck...

Make sure you put your email onto our mailing list if you want to be kept abreast (ahem...) of developments, whether you are in a band or not.

Ron, IrishUnsigned

Advertisement