Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't port to O2

• 30-08-2003 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Just to warn people not to port to O2.Or at least not yet anyway. Since porting from Vodafone to O2 on Tuesday evening I've had nothing but bother. I got the sim pack that cost €29 with €10 free and a further €10 by registering. So checked my balance and it said €10. Right as I use my phone for sending texts usually thats why I switched cause their text bundles are far cheaper than vodafone texts. So I set up the text bundle it deducted the 7.50 and I was left with 2.50. Great I thought. I sent some texts checked my balance with *#06# and it said 100 texts remaining so it wasn't obviously deducting them. Made a couple of phone calls checked balance with *#100# and my call credit was still €2.50. So I registered for my extra €10 on o2.ie.
    The following day (wednesday) my balance and texts were still stuck at the same amount - 100 and 2.50. I checked my account balance on Thursday morning it said €7.00. This was cause my €10 free registration credit was applied and they must have deducted the calls I spent beforehand. So next I checked *06# and it said you have 0 remaining texts!!! Now at the most I sent 10 so something wasnt right. Rang 1747 they said was being passed on to their technical department and I would be contacted in a few hours. Phone call back saying " no word yet I'm off to tomorrow. I'll ring you then but you can ring this evening to find out if there's any update". So that evening I kept checking *100# and *106# and my balance either said your credits 2.50 or it would say 7.00. *#106# would say either 100 or 0 remaining texts! So I rang that evening and they said "yes it should all be working now we have it fixed!" I explained my balance kept changing so she relogged it. Note: Now if I was to send text messages it was being deducted from the 7.00 so really I was really being charged twice for texts. So the following morning(friday)message on voicemail saying "it should now be solved, everything working here on our side". I checked my balance and it said 6.69. I checked my texts and it said 0 remaining! So I rang up at 10.30 on friday morning and got through to a girl. I'll call her 'N' here. So I asked her could I speak to 'X' - the person who left the message. She took my number and said "I'll get her to give you a call back". Now I know that X only works to twelve so it came one o clock and I rang in again, strangely enough I got through to N again. After saying what I was ringing about She said "our systems are down ring back in a hour or so". I found this really starnge and decided to ring again and hopefully get someone else. I got through to L this time. She said that she would email N and get either her or X to contact me ASAP. That phone call never happened. So I rang in at 5 and a man said that N had logged the problem and that N would contact me as soon as there was any word back(but if N would ring me why did she lie by telling me their systems were down???) and he claimed that everyone who ported to O2 are having these problems. I don't know if that's more lies or not? So this morning saturday I check *100# and it's at 6.69 and I check *106# and still 0 texts. Ring up this morning and get the same thing "It's still with the technical team. N will ring you back". So where do I go from here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Sorry, i dont like the sound of that.
    How do u know she was lying????????????????????/
    Maybe her connection to the server was not working at the time, so could not make a note 2 call u.
    I work in a call centre and the server goes down about 1 day a week.
    When this happens, i usually try to make a note to call someone back, but things like this get lost easily. The worst thing is for someone to ring up and start shouting "YOU'RE lYING YOUR COMPUTER IS WORKING FINE" when i'm sitting in front of a blank screen. Maybe she logged the call later?

anyway
    1) i doubt 02 are lying to u.
    2) L or N or whoever probably talks to a hundred people a day, if she escalated the problem is not her fault its not fixed.
    3) New things never work right. THis is murphys law, i wouldnt touch that text thing 4 a while personally, not with the hassle i've had with mobile co's before (voda AND o2)
    4) Things magically happen when u speak to the boss. If they try to fix again, and it dont work, ask the name of L's boss. Remember the bosses name, and if u get any more problems, act pissed and keep asking for the boss.
    5) TO be honest nobody here is probably going to be able to fix the prob (obviously), so its back to step 4. Otherwise try the consumer association or Comreg cos o2 are ripping u off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Well that's riduculous. The best thing to do is keep ringing them, let them know you're not very impressed with their service. I'm sure they'll fix it eventually but you shouldn't have to wait THAT long. The most annoying thing is when they don't ring you back. It just shows how unprofessional they are, grr makes me sooo angry.

Sadly we're limited for choice in this country as far as mobile phone companies are concerned. Still though, I'd stick with o2 for a while longer, they are the cheapest for text messages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

There seems to be alot of teething problems with the launch of FMNP. To be honest, this was to be expected so I wouldnt get too worked up about it. This problem may or may not be related to the fact that you recently ported however.

You have voiced your complaint with regard to the problem you are having and they have advised you that the problem has been escalated. This is as much as they can do for the moment. It is possble that they are having problems either indentifying the cause of the problem or actually fixing what they have indentified as the problem. At that, it may take a couple of days.

As for the run around you have been given, this is less acceptable. Tell them, that you want to be called every few hours with an update, whether the problem has been solved of not. At least this way you will know they are tying to solve the problem for you.

There is no point repeatedly calling over and over, the CSR on the end of the phone can only do so much, thus you are effectively wasting your own time and getting increasingly frustrated.

Finally, does Meteor not have the lowest text rate? exclusing add ons and silly promotions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm not sure about that, I think it may only be cheapest when texting meteor-to-meteor.

Its 9 cents a message to all numbers.... And if you top up with €20 euro at once, you get free messages to Meteor numbers for a month. Not bad, have switched to them myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by kevinmcc
    I got the sim pack that cost €29 with €10 free and a further €10 by registering.

Does it cost that much to port to Vodafone or Meteor? I want to port to O2 (not Meteor, I like having reception) but that sounds a bit steep..

When you port to Vodafone, you have to pay 12 euro for a sim pack, but you get 12 euro free credit.

Meteor you pay 20 euro for a sim pack and get 20 euro credit I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I've still had no word back from O2. I don't know why their porting people over if it isn't working properly. They should at least inform customers that there are problems before letting them port. Would asking for a supervisor help matters, maybe speed it up a bit? By the way is it posible to switch back to Vodafone with the original sim card which is now invalid and get em to actiate it again as I might do this rather than O2 pissing me around.

It is possible to port back. I think you need to get a new sim card again, they wont let you use your old one. Dont ask why!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Its 9 cents a message to all numbers.... And if you top up with €20 euro at once, you get free messages to Meteor numbers for a month. Not bad, have switched to them myself.

Justa wondering, you work for voda don't ya? not supporting the employer? :p

(Going on yer previous posts......)

• Advertisement

not supporting the employer?

I still use my Vodafone number alot, depends what and where I am doing.

I text people a stupid amount, so Meteor suits me down to the ground most of the time.

Mind you, I was in Donegal there for a few days and Meteors lack of coverage nearly pushed me back to Vodafone permently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    There seems to be alot of teething problems with the launch of FMNP.

You could say that... 3 weeks ago my girlfriend ported from o2 to vodafone and it still hasnt gone thru. Sure she's now on vodafone and is able to make calls and all but she can only recieve calls from vodafone customers, no o2 or landlines can get through. It's a bloody joke. Every time I've rung vodafone to ask what the hell is going on I get "ohh it'll be done tomorrow". At this stage 'tomorrow' was about a week and a half ago.

Truly annoying thing though is that she cant go back to o2 until the port to vodafone is complete... which could take another 6 months by current standards.

You could say that... 3 weeks ago my girlfriend ported from o2 to vodafone and it still hasnt gone thru. Sure she's now on vodafone and is able to make calls and all but she can only recieve calls from vodafone customers, no o2 or landlines can get through. It's a bloody joke. Every time I've rung vodafone to ask what the hell is going on I get "ohh it'll be done tomorrow". At this stage 'tomorrow' was about a week and a half ago.

I have dealt with quiet alot of these myself. As far as I know, O2 have accepted responsibility for this problem and are working on a fix.

I queried that just to make sure.

There is a fault with the O2 portability database. Calls are not entering the Vodafone network. In hands with O2.

Advertisement