Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New board kinda Games reviews

Options
  • 30-08-2003 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Same as Flim reviews sub board but for games.

Would help us all buy games and see more varied opinions on games.

kdjac
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Weird though i posted this in feedback???
    Can this be moved peez.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think this is a good idea.
    The film review board is woking nicely and I can't see why it couldnt be the same for a game review board.
    2 thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I agree. Sounds good.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I approve of the creation of a Game Reviews sub-forum (a la Film Reviews in Films).

First I want the Games mods to okay the sub-forum, can they reply here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Horrible idea. I liked the fact that in the film forum you used to get nice little paragraphs with peoples general impressions. Now it's either a review or not a review and gets herded into a sub forum.

Boards.ie have been splitting up things way, way too much in the last year. When half the forums only have 3 topics in them a month it should be obvious that they should be merged again.

You can't shove discussion into little categories all the time. People discuss different things, people go off topic and the nature of topics will change. That isn't a bad thing. Thats just the way people communicate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Personally, I really dislike the change to the Films forum and wouldn't like it to happen on the Games forum. It's a completely illogical division to enforce in the discussions, and it's two forums to have to visit in order to get exactly the same content you could previously get on a single forum. Functionally it's a step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Shinji
    Personally, I really dislike the change to the Films forum and wouldn't like it to happen on the Games forum. It's a completely illogical division to enforce in the discussions, and it's two forums to have to visit in order to get exactly the same content you could previously get on a single forum. Functionally it's a step backwards.
    Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jamesgjf

Originally posted by Shinji

ya im with shinji y cudnt u just post it on 1 forum instead of jumpin from 1 to the other 2 get info!???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hey guys, couldn't this be part of the article type thing that Dev was talking about before. Boards News Thread

I'd say it would be better if we had consistant reviewers and then associated comments. Otherwise reviews will turn into flame wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I see what you're saying Shinji, but the nice thing about the Film Reviews board is that the traffic moves slower. There's not as many new films out as there are people with opinions, so theres no need to be constantly checking (plus you can tell from the Film board weather or not theres a new comment in Film Reviews).

I was sceptical of these new ways at first, but I think they've worked out for the best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement