Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Everton [NO BLOODY SCORES IN THE SUBJECT LINE]

• 30-08-2003 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

I'd say the Pool fans found that encouraging although Rooney squandered a good few chances.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

GH lives another day so.

min by min seemed to suggest pool played reasonably well at times.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I knew it. I actually am a jinx to Liverpool. Whenever I have Owen in my fantasy football team, he plays ****. As soon as I take him out, he scores. Was the same last season.

Now all I have to do is leave him outta my team and Liverpool will be champions at the end of the season ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Better Performance helped by the players playing in their best positions. Passing not the best at times and as already said everton had a lot of chances as well. Diouf and Owen and Kewell were good today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Really was happy with todays performance. There were occassions where they gifted the ball away sometimes, but that will improve i hope. It was quiet to start but turned into a stonker of a game.

Overall, the result was a bit unfair to Everton but you gotta take you chance when they come. It was a bold move my GH to drop 3 or 4 well established players and it turned out well. I think using Biscan where he did was pushing his luck though, even thought he have an ok game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Why the hell do you have the score in the subject?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Nice to see Liverpool scoring a few goals.
    Everton were pretty useless today, but I feel Liverpool played well and 3-0 in Goodison is a good result.
    Hopefully this will give them a bit of confidence now and maybe Michael Owen will bang in a few more goals.
    I thought Carragher played well too, some excellent tackles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No Scores in the Threadline! I got told off once....! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

As FF once proclaimed "alot done, more to do", surely it is this kind of rethoric that will keep GH a little longer. Great performance in parts, Djiouf and Carragher really stood out for me (Owen took his chances well also).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Back to basics ... played some nice football but still nothing spectacular , Good to see Owen back scoring and he should have had a hat-trick ....

Hope they build on this win and push up the table ...

go wan the Pool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

fairly flattering scoreline.
    so many chances wasted, could easily have been a draw.
    duncan's shot on the bar with 15 min left was more painful than any of the goals.

correct me but i don't remember a margain that big in the last 14 years...that's as far back as my derby memory goes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

A good result and a very good performance. Some excellent performances from Diouf, Owen, Vlad (!), Kewell and Dudek. A very attacking formation with lots of chances created. Diouf gave some good width even if his crossing was'nt the may west. And what about ickle Vladi tackling everyting that moved- I think thats a sign of the apocalypse!!:D The understanding between Owen and HK was very encouraging. More of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good result and thoroughly deserved. I'm delighted to see that Ged picked the same starting 11 as the Spurs game and I think that the only difference between that game and today's is that we put the chances away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FFS are you guys simple or what. NO SCORES IN THE SUBJECT LINE.

Next one of these I have to deal with I'll ban the person for a week.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

correct me but i don't remember a margain that big in the last 14 years...that's as far back as my derby memory goes

Biggest in 20 years :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

nothing has changed, although i wish the best was yet to come. Next against blackburn we'll see if our consistency is back or not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I thought the midfield and the front two were the best I've seen in a while. I reckon Blackburn will provide more of a test than Everton did but hopefully we'll get a good result there too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by jonno
    I thought the midfield and the front two were the best I've seen in a while. I reckon Blackburn will provide more of a test than Everton did but hopefully we'll get a good result there too :)

especially now since they've got Kilbane...

He'd have problems going around a one legged stool

Why on earth did they sign him for a million, surely they could have used the money better!!

Advertisement