Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing gfx card on mobo with onboard vga

• 30-08-2003 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

hopefully will be installing ti 4200 on monday on my gigabyte ga-7zmmh mobo. i see no option in the ami bios in manual to disable onboard vga,only to change vga boot from pci to vga. the gigabyte site says in its general faq " How to disable onboard VGA in order to install an VGA card?

Gigabyte M/B will auto-detect the VGA card since the card pluged, therefore you don¡¦t need to change any setting by manual. " anyone have experience with this as on the net others say you have to change the bios manually.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you should just be able to go into device manager & disable the onboard one, then shut down & slap in the new card.
    worked fine for me, but the card i put in was a pci one so it might be different for agp...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

If you have ATI drivers installed, get rid of them first. You'll need some driver-stripper software to get rid of them completely. Go into the BIOS and set it to boot AGP device first (the PCI/AGP option).
    Set your display driver to standard VGA, shut down the PC and then stick in the new card. On boot, it should init the new card first and ignore the onboard gfx. Then just install the latest nVidia drivers (45.23)

Advertisement