Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floppy disk drivers for Windows XP

Options
  • 30-08-2003 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

Where can I download drivers for a floppy disk disk on a Windows XP PC?
    When I put in a floppy it says "The disk in the drive is not formatted. Do you want to format now? Yes/No"

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

start - run - cmd - format a: /autotest

test the FDD to see if it will boot from a floppy disk (to test the drive) - if a drive is misaligned then disks formatted in it may not be read in a differend drive even if a particular disk can be read in both.

driver should not be needed - perhaps delete the FDD from device manager and let windows put it back

antivirus etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

As far as I know, you shouldn't need drivers at all for both floppy as CD-ROMs in DOS - sounds more like a hardware config problem to me.

Did you build the PC yourself?

Advertisement