Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Device manager question

Options
  • 30-08-2003 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Running Xp and was wondering where to find in Hardware/Device manager the option that makes the cd boot as soon as you put it in.I know you could do it in 98-SE but can not see it in XP
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its in My Computer ,click on the CD Drive hit Properties in the right clikc menu and theres a few options depending on the type of Cd.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

If you mean autorun (i.e. you put in a cd while windows is running, and it runs itself), I'm not sure about changing it directly, but TweakUI for Windows XP will be able to sort you out.

If you mean boot from a cd (i.e. a Windows cd, or better still a Linux cd), then that has to be changed in the BIOS (by hitting DEL or F1 at computer start-up when prompted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Just the normal AR Lukin Black,I heard the lads mention Tweak before.Surely there must be an option in there some where?
    Thks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Originally posted by cubix
    makes the cd boot as soon as you put it in.

I think you're going to have to be a bit more specific.

For a CD to "boot" (when already in windows) it needs to have specific autorun files on it to tell it to run the main exe.

To open up a windows showing the contents of the CD etc, see answer above.

Advertisement