Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightrider Bus Éireann service returns

Options
  • 30-08-2003 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Whoo!

Bus Éireann 'NIGHTRIDER' service

Bus Éireann is pleased to announce that in response to customer demand its Nightrider service resumes on....

DROGHEDA - BALBRIGGAN - DUBLIN and DUBLIN - BALBRIGGAN - DROGHEDA route
    from THURSDAY 28 AUGUST 2003.

Nightrider service will operate on THURSDAY, FRIDAY and SATURDAY nights.

Service departs Drogheda Bus Station at 22:45 and 01:45.

Service from Dublin departs Busaras at midnight and 03:00.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Andy Mc

Hi,

I am going out on a night out in Dublin next Thursday night, is this service still operating, are they getting the demand to make it worthwhile.

Andy Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They appear to be. Give them a call just to check (number at bottom).

http://www.buseireann.ie/site/news_centre/press_releases.asp?action=view&news_id=181
    Nightrider late night buses in December and January
    The Drogheda service departs Busáras at midnight and 03 00 and also picks up at O’Connell St (Penney’s), Drumcondra Station, Omni Centre (Santry) and Dublin Airport (Stop No 8 Arrivals road). Set down stops are at Swords (bypass), Balrothery, Balbriggan, Julianstown and Drogheda. Services to Dublin depart Drogheda at 22 45 and 01 45.
    A single journey fare of €6 applies from Dublin up to Dunshaughlin, Balbriggan and Kill Junction, and €9 to all destinations beyond those points. Nightrider tickets only are valid on these services.
    After Christmas Nightrider services will run every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night from Thursday night 8 January to Saturday night 31 January inclusive.

Further information is available by phoning the Bus Éireann travel information line (01 836 6111) or on the Bus Éireann website at www.buseireann.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Ah yes, it was about time they introduced a transport service to regions outside of the Dublin Bus(NightLink) routes. Okay, it may be a little more expensive, but anyone who needs to avail of the service, is probably someone who is having "a few" beers in the city, and will gladly pay the price.

Also, the Bus Eireann buses are alot more comfortable, and not the bone-shakers like the double-deckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by neuromancer
    Also, the Bus Eireann buses are alot more comfortable, and not the bone-shakers like the double-deckers.
    Hardly fair, especially seeing as there are no more of the Bombardier models around. Yes there are a few newer buses that may have a rattle (especially the odd loose screw in the ceiling), but that does not reflect the typical bus in the Dublin Bus fleet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

could be taking your life into your own hands getting on a bus at that time.then again i live in limerick so that could be a factor in my judgement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

My nitelink (the 27N) is okay, never had any hassle from people. It's a headwreaker listening to drunk people shouting stuff out at the top of their voices though. You always get the one with the phrase which they'll shout out over and over again as well. At least my face is intact getting off the bus.

Advertisement