Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New store in Swords, opening sale, but whats the name?

• 30-08-2003 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

I caught the end of a Radio ad today about a new shop in Swords selling Home Electronics and such, most notably Plasma Screens. They have an opening sale now on, the name was "Howard" something I think..

Anyone know anything more?

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

harvey norman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Thanks. Harvey Norman, the Australian crowd right?

Wonder if they are open tomorrow?

Matt

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

They sure are , and a fine selection they have too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Just FYI, they're also opening (or have already opened...?) an outlet in Dundalk Retail Park.

Originally posted by sharkman
    They sure are , and a fine selection they have too..

Hmm, have to ask, were you being sarcastic or are they alright?

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I been to the one in Swords and it's a great store - They have a lot of Home Cinema setup products on view - surround speakers, AV amps, Plasma TVs - definitely worth a look if you're interested in this kind of gear.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

sarcasm , Me sir ? NO ITs a bloody great place ..

I'm thinkin about heading to their Demo room with a couple of tinnies to watch the football today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Was in the store in Dundalk yesterday. ****ing heck, some selection of gear and deadly lazy boys.

Well, I rang them after posting. Took them about 5min to search for the guy in charge of plasmas. He told me that they had 14 models, then refused to talk about them, as there were "too many to discuss on the phone, come into the store".

Before he ran off to whatever was so god damn important he was trying to ditch a potential customer over, I got 3 prices for screens off him (a budget screen, mid and High end). Prices are better than say, Dixons, by about €200, (on a €4400 screen) but still absolutely dire in comparison to Richersounds or basically any retailer in the UK.

Dont think Ill be buying anything in Harvey Norman for the foreseeable future.

Matt

Advertisement