Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on mp3 players

Options
  • 30-08-2003 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello all

I'm considering buying an mp3 player and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on which model to get.

A lot of my friends recommended the ipod but I'm a bit nervous about carrying such an expensive piece of kit around.

I'm looking for something a little cheaper but which doesnt compromise too much on memory, battery power etc.

I'd also like one which comes with a programme that converts cd tracks to mp3 files.

Any advice anyone has on which make/model to get would be much appreciated. (The plan is to decide on which model to get and then figure out wheres the best place to get it.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

what's your budget ?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

up to about 350 blips, I'd prefer something around 250 but I'd be willing to fork out the extra quid for the better model.

The nomad zen thingy seems to be getting good reviews and looks a little better priced than the ipod, but I don't think you can hook it up to your stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

the new zen nx would be your best bet. around €350, 30Gb, and good battery life. It doesnt have a dedicated line-out for your stereo but you can always use the earphone socket and turn off the effects. Just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You could pick up a Nomad Jukebox 3 fairly cheap at this stage...
    It's got two dedicated line outs + head-phone out..

It's got optical-in, as well as FireWire, and has a remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Thanks guys, yeah I think that nomad seems the way to go. I'll go have a look at the specs for those two.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement