Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Addresses

Options
  • 30-08-2003 8:42pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Geek Suspects Online Girlfriend Of Faking Her IP Addresses

Livonia, MI - David Rangel, a geek from suburban Detroit, suspects that his online girlfriend, Tiffany Mounds, may be faking her IP address.

"I've been dating her online for about six months now. I got suspicious when a lot of her comments in her code looked a lot like those from that bastard Java coder Trent. So one time, she tells me she's at home, and if I don't believe her to check her IP address. She's a bit too free with that information," said Rangel.

"Then other times she'd be like 'Oh baby, I'm coming at you from 154.34.23.125' and I'd get all hot. Then later I'll check and find out that 154.xxx isn't even assigned to her country. What's that all about?" wondered Rangel.

Tiffany Mounds (not her real name) said, "David is so easily fooled. He thinks 'ooh, me big hacker man, ph33r me,' but I'm playing him like Diablo 2. He has no idea where I'm coming from. I have this little dongle that I stick in my box and it automatically fakes it for me. It's really effortless."

A recent survey showed that close to 48% of females were faking their IP addresses on a regular basis. Many surveyed said they do it for safety, so some 'loser geek' doesn't start stalking them. Others do it to protect themselves from viruses. "You never know where these guys have been pinging," explained one respondent.

Paul Koskey from Kenosha Wisconsin acknowledged that a lot of faking goes on, but that it doesn't bother him, "Hey, as long as she's a she then I'm not going to worry about it."

Paul's online girlfriend, Fred Smith of Saint Louis, admitted to IP deception.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    I have this little dongle that I stick in my box and it automatically fakes it for me. It's really effortless."

I bet she says that to all the boys ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Paul's online girlfriend, Fred Smith of Saint Louis, admitted to IP deception.

HAHA! So True...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

"You never know where these guys have been pinging," explained one respondent.

:)

history | grep ping

Advertisement