Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do u remember-s1

Options
  • 30-08-2003 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey-im just searching for memories here, nething u remember that u really enjoyed from session 1 this year, please post it here!!! my personal favrits were the discos and croke park, what about y'all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I remember one morning, after coming out of the shower, my RA knocked on the door (for the wakage up and all), and I answered, wearing only a towel. Since my RA was Paul, who was quite a stoner and tended to speak slowly, I interrupted him just as he started speaking and said, in quite a serious voice "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel." Laughing ensued.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

TOAST PARTIES, the uber girl, me in discussion, hmmm, this gets hard after like four seconds, ooh, dublin 4 accents, the one the only nina hynes, stealing sparky's discman, singing irish college songs, teaching the americans irish,
    actually, most of these things will only be recognised by kate. and maybe elaine, in the case of the ubergirl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

PIMP THE MONKEY! That monkey loved getting his ass spanked, but Richard wouldn't let me. Then Pimp got stuck between a window and a wall in Res and someone picked me up to get him down. So, Richard, how's Pimp? Does he miss his ass-smackings from me? Have you gotten him his mini-pimp-gear yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 John1188

I remember: being shouted at every time i suggested the perfectly reasonable business venture of making coin-operated lamposts,

I also remember having to write everything down *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Originally posted by mentalimplosion
    dublin 4 accents.

oh come on. how many ppl are actually from D4. none of us say: 'roysh.'
    get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

The last two discos kicked indiscriminate amounts of rectum.. The whole "Oldie whinge" thing was fun.. The frolicking under Liz's window to the flute music was fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Demonstrating how to perform "The Flying Camel" :D

More things I remember:
    The encounter with the mini-skangers
    "Find the Clitoris"
    "Why can't everyone just abstain? I mean, is it that hard?!"
    "Social life? Where can I download such a thing?"
    Dirty dancing with Lisa
    Aonghus as a bunny
    Being asked for my bra size
    Cloud-watching
    Predictable conversations
    Nose beeping
    Nose beeping with Saoirse
    Finally getting Sim to beep himself on the nose
    When good music was played at the discos
    Pronouncing our names sans vowels
    The CTYI song
    Lisa adopting me
    Aoife's Gir impressions
    Richard's spunk t-shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

The frolicking under Liz's window to the flute music was fun...
    i think watching you and richard start the trend was more fun- especially when everyone started joining in and you became a mass of frolicking people under my window.

Demonstrating how to perform "The Flying Camel"
    :D and watching people's tormented expressions as they wondered what the hell you were doing to hugh and why you were making that hideous noise.

nose beeping was fun..but after the first day it got reeally irritating.

watching the magical tower of cereal in my room never fall over.

getting to ctyi at six in the morning on the first day and wandering around all the corridors seeing whose names i remembered from last session and where they were and who they were rooming with.

and other assorted ctyi flavors.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

dancing like a nutter
    dancing like a slut
    giggling like a loon
    making loud irrelevant comments in discussion
    adopting select people (word to aine)
    getting ridiculously and unashamedly excited every time i saw aine, COS SHE'S SO DAMN COOL.
    arizona alex's face when we told him that aine's but 14.
    getting the idea to dress up as jesus.
    dressing jane up as mary.
    when jane told our TA Ger (he the man) that if he was any ****ter he'd explode
    the south belfast accent day
    ana and jane doing the mountie thing wonderfully.
    finding out what each other's tongues tasted like (i'm so glad i invented that game)
    bra wars
    nervous
    me, jane and siobhan accidentally doing a three part harmony for volcano.
    hiding my nervous OLORDJESUS****NO panic at the talent show when i found out that i'd volunteered to do air guitar in competition with someone much more well known and better looking than me.
    the day my hair was backcombed massively so i had a Tina Turner.
    the second day of class when muireann Strutted in like a divil, making ME feel intimidated.
    when we got the 'It's so glad to see all the new faces...' speech in the larkin and i Judged all the RA's based on appearance.
    when i realised all my judgements were right.
    rory's face when he sang.
    choral group.
    on the bus somewhere the day witnness was on, singing along to the mmmm mmmm mmm mmm mmm bit in the blood and making all the nonframes fans shut the **** up for the like 6 of it who knew it.
    taking photos.
    posing for photos.
    signing oisin's book at like 8a.m. and writing a **** note.
    going to spar and realising halfway i wasn't wearing any shoes.
    when the pervy italian tourist took photos of me and aisling k making out, 'you lesbians? you beautiful! always stay be lesbians? how old are you? beautiful!'. gotta love them.

i'll add more, cos i like making lists of things i remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

Lots and lots of stuff which I couldn't be arsed posting up.

One thing that I have to say though is that if Aonghus hadn't brought his bongos then CTYI this year would have been a lot different.

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    adopting select people (word to aine)
    getting ridiculously and unashamedly excited every time i saw aine, COS SHE'S SO DAMN COOL.
    arizona alex's face when we told him that aine's but 14.

Aww, Lisa, you're so incredibly sweet, you be cool too, and SO DAMN SEXY! I want your curves. And I remember Alex's expression, he was really shocked.

More stuff I remember:
    Being engulfed in Steven's coat.
    People showering our instructor with fruit and breadrolls
    "The Flying Camel"
    Having to do Ceilí dancing in the cramped space that was the International History classroom.
    The International History TA(He had style, he had class, and DAMN he was sexy).
    That questionnaire, that was funny. Especially MacDara's random answers.
    Garóg's strokably soft legs.
    The Time Warp, High Voltage, Gay Bar and Street Spirit at the discos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

lisa, i DID NOT strut in, i was indeed very scared!!!

Touching tongues
    The "braless night" incident
    waltzing in the quad
    ponting at my nipples, and making spanish mark highly embarressed
    Max trying to take off my bra in a game on nervous, and failing miserably(i.e"nervous boy")
    assisiting in the making of the 300 euphanisms for the word penis
    dirth dancing...with well..everyone...
    dressing up as a whore fairy, lisa as jesus, and jane as the virgin mary
    getting my dad to deliver pizza, and scoffing it down with mully, bex, sarah and elyse
    The last night:( , and saying goodbye to everyone..sniffles
    playing chasing in the dorms
    having a mini food fight with kevan, in which i stuck a buttered roll to his head
    lisas backcombed hair(hahahahahaha)
    the human "sandwiches"

Quake. A lot of Quake. And me being the only one who could run the server.

Poncho Alex and my roomate having "Bang-the-book-up-against-the-wall" fights at night.

Kicking said wall with my boots.

The discos.

Eating about 50 Spar chicken rolls in total for the course.

Drinking 15 cans of coke in a day.

Eating 5 packs of 24-7 on the same day.

That when a package says "WARNING - EXCESS COMSUMPTION MAY CAUSE LAXATIVE EFFECTS" then eating 5 packs of it isn't a good idea.

The 20 minute presentation on pie. Nobody believes me about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

Hmmm, lets see...

Coin operated lamposts
    dressing up as purple
    me, sinead and caroline turning up to the first disco and by a complete coincidence all wearing tan, black and red.
    Going back to my room one night to find muireann and jane running up and down the hall in turn wearing a poncho. LISA WAS THERE TOO!
    Going to Marys RA meeting and joining in the tongue touching.
    The lads playing that game thingy where you slam someones hand down on butter using much trickery.
    The table quiz.
    Lorraine saying 'girl' all the time even though she was from Meath.
    Choral group.
    The variety show.
    Irish language activity.
    Conversations in Irish, and buying the Irish newspaper for the heck of it.
    Monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare.
    Talking to people on MSN in study...when they were sitting right beside you. That was cool.
    Getting a cool cheer at the closing ceremony.
    The hilarious consequences of our instructors blatant discrimination against certain students.
    Happy being happy.
    Setting up Happy and Teapot. (not with each other...)
    Lorraine looking after me and making sure I put the lid on my foundation properly.
    Stealing Lorraines hairbrush and using her towel and soap and toothpaste.
    Lorraine putting up with my hissy fits, lending me money and letting me use her phone.
    Lorraine rocking in general.
    Theresa's presentation where every second word was "like"
    Tickles.
    The knee thing.
    Feeding Karen when she came around at lights out.
    Being there when Mary was first given the name 'buttons'.
    Clubs.
    Ita feeding me chocolate when I wasnt well.
    Singalongs in Sinéads room with Ita and Sinéad.

Thats all at the mo. Actually I doubt anyone here will remember or know of most of those...one more, having to leave behind the best people in the world...

Originally posted by :D mags :D
    Talking to people on MSN in study...when they were sitting right beside you. That was cool.
    Myself and poncho alex did the same thing with IRC. Except there were others in the channel. They seemed to know him. It was worrying. (Anyone who has seen the tub boy picture, that's what they were up to)

mags:
    Going back to my room one night to find muireann and jane running up and down the hall in turn wearing a poncho.

thanks for mentioning that I WAS THERE TOO. screaming. cos alex lent ME the poncho for two days, ohhh...yes. (more memories:) and jane slept in it, and then i wore it on out fieldtrip with handlebars, then we used it as a picnic rug, then we got it covered in cheese and jane had it covered in make-up, then we tried to clean it, then alex didn't notice, and it's all okay now. i also felt guilty for not buying buttons buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

ah mags, i forgot that corridor thingy with me and jane, we were trying to fly with aid of the poncho!
    i also remember THR FIRE DRILL! all the girls skantily clad!and the boys drooling:P

Originally posted by incredula pert
    i also remember THR FIRE DRILL! all the girls skantily clad!and the boys drooling:P
    For a week after that I thought that it was my fault, as I had turned on the bathroom water heater in my room at the exact moment that the fire alarm went off. it wasn't though. It was someone who left their cooker on. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

/me hides matches, petrol, fertilizer and diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

It was funny, all these people in nightwear and Richard, Steven, Hugh, Macdara & I all complelety clothed just walked out of the quad.....

• Advertisement

I too was completely clothed. Except for my socks. I had my boots on, but not my socks, which I was carrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    It was funny, all these people in nightwear and Richard, Steven, Hugh, Macdara & I all complelety clothed just walked out of the quad.....
    And that ****ING TWAT who brought his ****ing GUITAR. Whoever he is I hope he gets a toe inflammation

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And after all. It was never going to be a real fire! They disconnected the cookers. And I have the oddest doubts about anyone poking a fork in their toaster at 12.30 or whatever time it was. I was also fully clothed but had no shoes. And was waslking around mumbling, "Please don't let there be any glass. Please don't let there be any glass. Please..." and so on. Why didn't I have shoes on? Oh and for ****s sake! Anyone in our RA group who wasn't dressed is a twat! Rory told us about the drill for christ's sake!

While you were all outside in the middle of the night, shivering in the freezing cold, dragged out of much-needed sleep, I was most likely comfortable, at home, eating REAL food or sleeping in a COMFORTABLE bed. Ah, the joys of commuter-ness.

Yeah but it was a laugh and one of a multitude of good memories of the three weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

i only just noticed this thread, and i was posted about twice. YAY!

Anyway, back on topic i'd say that the best moments were sitting around playing magic in odd places, and going utterly insane at the 1st disco and scaring noobs. That and the random hugging.
    Oh and of coursetalking to my roommate till 2, then falling asleep in the movie in russian. Ah memories

eh, was the fire drill not at like twenty past eleven or something early like that. i know I was fully clothed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That just makes it stranger that people were ready for bed! I tend to lose track of time sometimes. There were a few "Talented Youths" there this year who I could actually see putting a fork in their toaster, so on reminiscing, it doesn't seem that unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Awaywthdfaeries

my god so much but firstly it has to be...
    COIN OPERATED LAMPPOSTS!!! How i wish id never even thought of them, let alone mentioned them- to all of economics sorry
    Tango dancing, or watching tango dancing
    Billy the American, Fish Eggs and Philary!
    The girls bathroom at the second disco, guys suck! (well sumtimes)
    Magic of the Gathering and really not getting it
    Keiths ra group @ 7 in the morning...twice (and me being there @ 10 to 7)
    Dancing @ the last disco on stage to bob the builder
    Fire drills!!! and leaving my room with a cup in my hand, and economists praying
    Being on ois's team at the table quiz, and him taking all the credit for the lymeric
    A cetrtain piece of crockery with an afflicion for wolves
    Being choked between manwhore and sim after the last disco back at res
    Yelling+ laughing at keiths ra group at the auction, them getting us back
    Karen threating to 'talk to' someone who will remain anonomos
    Isabelle singing All The TIME!!! and not even in tune, my poor ears
    The state of our kitchen!
    Duddies shooping!
    Being perkiness! and people not understanding wat it was
    Colin and emma at breakfast on the last morning, thank you for the pineapple juice colin
    Bongo boy
    Going home on sundays to sleep, and d telling me wat happened that day in 3 minutes flat
    Tadgh and thomas stealing my shoe in the terence larkin and throwing it around
    Playing matchmaker
    John spraying silly string down my top
    Sleeping in economics
    Stephen explaining the benfits of caffine, and me telling him that i dnt drink coffee
    Our guest lecturers speaches-zzz (sorry stephen)
    My whole ra group in my room r most of them
    Karens present we were the best ra group! Go team karen
    Joy being obsesd with getting points
    Being in my ra's ra group 2 yrs ago
    SCORE!it has me feicin paranoid now
    The isabelle Happy thing
    Teaching ro to dance
    Rosie making me as perky as possible (difficult job)
    A poem from a misunderstanding
    John trying to set me up
    Losing my shoes on purpose at the discos (dnt ask)
    My trousers-(those who understand that please keep it to urself)
    The god that is safety pins, and guy having run out
    Being at my first first disco (it was my third year)
    The hollywood shirt
    My ra group eating all our food
    and i probably remember more but my brain hurts

• Advertisement

My best guess is that you're Hilary.....
    So many memories....*nostalgic sigh*

Advertisement