Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do u remember-s1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Originally posted by mentalimplosion
    TOAST PARTIES, the uber girl, me in discussion, hmmm, this gets hard after like four seconds, ooh, dublin 4 accents, the one the only nina hynes, stealing sparky's discman, singing irish college songs, teaching the americans irish,
    actually, most of these things will only be recognised by kate. and maybe elaine, in the case of the ubergirl.

Yes, I remember all of those! And it was ME who stole Marc's discman!

I also remember:
    My TA Ultan's Justin dancing at the last disco
    Making paper cup towers in the canteen (go Alison! queen of the paper cups!)
    Listening to The Frames at Witnness on the way back from Kilkenny
    People borrowing my hat (especially English John)
    Aoife and Ana sniffing Lynx in Boots
    Giving money to Lorcan so he could buy a kimono and thong
    Marc falling asleep beside me on the bus back from KilKenny
    Ritchie wearing my pink skirt to the last disco
    Guy saying "gather round children, let me tell you a story" and reading bits out from the free safe sex book from Boots
    Singing all the time in class
    Dancing to Marc's polyphonic ringtones in the rain
    Ultan screaming a high pitched girly scream when he got a paper cut

And much else that I can't think of right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Awaywthdfaeries

Yep, but Philary, and not drinking coffee made it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Canteen Related Memories:
    Making paper cup towers in the canteen (go Alison! queen of the paper cups!)

shaking table during aforementioned building and near pissing me hole laughing. heh heh heh.
    receiving 'and now you will die' look from that entire table.
    hiding.

when i was really, really, really hungry and that SLUT jane poured orange juice all over my dinner and tea all over my dessert.
    me hiding my slightly upsettedness.
    me showing slight upsetedness by putting cream in jane's hair.
    the startled looks of the people at the table at our behaviour.
    me ****in leggin it to the RA meeting.

jason drinking all my milk. several times.
    me bringing extra milk, especially for jason, and jason drinking all four cups of milk. like at once. the bitch.

Non, yet Partially Canteen Related Memories:

people eating my food.
    me bitching about people eating my food.
    hiding my food.
    people finding the food i had hidden.
    people eating the food which they had found that i had hidden.
    me bitching about people eating the food which they had found that i had hidden.

construction of The ****e List (muireann, takes you back, yeah? *cackles*)

cackling with jane.

Noodles By Nightfall.

reading speeches/essays/acting out the iliad/acting out the agamemnon.

bitching. about The ****es.

"You can't rape the willing" - enunciated.

rosanne screaming rape everytime select people looked at or touched her.
    tittering at aforementioned.

carrying aisling k over the threshold.

walking from the quad up to my room with Caitriona, catching alex and jane, sarah (and we thought she was classy) rosen and seamus, kevan and ita and two other randommers on the way.
    coughing loudly in warning to no avail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by Aliminator
    oh come on. how many ppl are actually from D4. none of us say: 'roysh.'
    get it right.

yeah, sure .... of course not....

oh, and i remember the MAN VENDING MACHINE.
    grass fights, everyone seeing my garments drying on the kitchen window. the buttercup song, giving out to anyone wearing gap or using clairol shampoo. as kate said, getting caught by guy and sparky whilst sniffing lynx in boots. oh, and discussing the merits/ disadvantages of the various lubricants on sale in boots with the aforementioned boys.

Oh yeah!!! I think I'll have mine strong, black, with extra sugar. That was funny!

• Advertisement

vend me, baby vend me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 beach babe

duz anybody remember playing bartok in the quad during the free time we had? did anybody have anybody cum up 2 dem saying "stick it up your hole!" that wuz the best.

I also remember owen and tj making fools of themselves in the "anthrax" game. they were ****ing crazy!!!

hmm what else, a bunch of stuff has already been mentioned, but I also remember the fire drill, thank God there wuznt a real fire.

i also remember the italians. they tried to take the phone away from me when i was on the pay phone and then they tried to push me around a bit, but i talked to my ra and she made me talk to willy, I dunno if things got straightened out or not, but ah well.

like someone else said, my brains fried after about four seconds of this stuff, but duz anyone have any good pictures? I'll post some when i figure out how to, but until then, Im just waitin for others, well others, Im ****ing tired, so I'll post more l8tr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

MAN VENDING MACHINE! Where may I apply for a tour of duty inside such a noble machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

owen and tj making fools of themselves
    yeah, i remember that. not that isolated incident you spoke of, mind, just that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

Originally posted by beach babe
    I also remember owen and tj making fools of themselves in the "anthrax" game. they were ****ing crazy!!!

Yeah I remember that too, and me standing between them trying to shut them up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

I remember the last disco, running about with the water gun
    The discos haveing some really good songs like "High Voltage" (not sure what the real name is.)
    sneaking off to smoke.
    missing the weekend activities coz I could only be cut off from the world for so long.
    Having a ridiculous amount of homework(grr)
    getting free pizza with oisin's ra group coz a lot of them had girlfriends in my group, then fecking off back outside once we had been fed.
    Being late every day (twas fun)
    Richard's monkey.
    Not a lot else that hasn't already been mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

yes! scarfing down the free pizza (which was as far away from pizza as one can get while still attempting to call it pizza, but still good cause we were just that hungry) and plotting how to sneak out of the room stealthily, then running downstairs and instead of being greeted with a joyous "you two have returned!" being greeted with "food! food! where's the food! do you have food?" and then being yelled at my the monkey for not bringing food.

Originally posted by Squeee
    I remember the last disco, running about with the water gun

I gave you that water gun! I hope you put it to good use. I also remember the Alexi's saying the same thing at the same time thing. And the time they kept getting it wrong! Trés funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 il corvo

i remember too much to say... but about the man vender. that was fun. i came up with that. once when we were there i was showing poncho alex it and i said i wanted mine sweet and extra white. the dude seriously thought i was racist after that. oops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 theymademedoit

i remember
    playing bull****/lying **** in the common room
    squirting non-bursting ******* with alison in the common room
    watching buffy in the common room with aisling
    laura the ra thinking it was me who poured the water out the common room window. who was that by the way?
    kate listening to my cd player and me walking along beside her talking to her, thinking she could actually hear me
    trying to add to the penis list with the most obscure names i could think of. they were all on it already.
    running down the girls corridors with pure fear in my heart.oh what a fool i was.
    dancing. a lot.
    sharing lollypops with caroline.
    doing all of her little surveys.
    catching the art an art history girls sniffing lynx in boots.
    those pervy italians. my how funny that was.
    getting my trousers pulled down by ana.
    the common room party.
    aisling and me luisce'ing
    the common room with all the cool games, but smelled funny.
    the ra's breaking into my room one night and stealing my food.
    richie dressed up as a fairy king in drag
    the activities.
    yard games.(ed,ned,ted,fred...)
    and so much other stuff.
    oh,what a 3 week.so many memories...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 theymademedoit

ok, that ******* was b u b b l e s, why is that word not allowed??????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Originally posted by theymademedoit
    ok, that ******* was b u b b l e s, why is that word not allowed??????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Because boards is a community, communities have traditions, and blocking THAT WORD is one of those traditions

Read the after hours, admin, feedback/suggestions and bubbles(duh) fora

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

singing "do your boobs hang low.....etc" very frequently
    having aude catch me in the boys loos with vag ripper
    aude telling me that i was not allowed have any PHYSICAL CONTACT with any of the boys in the class, most noteably richard and jack.
    sitting on the couch in the museum with ita, jane, lisa, richard, and jack. This is where i discovered that janes boobs are infact made of jelly.
    Choral Group(remember bex?:p)
    lurkin' lorcan...well...lurking...
    mick and his twitchy laugh(twitchy laugh freak)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 classy

i have more memories than i know what to do wit, so i'll probably end up posting loads on this. but muir, what do ya think ur doin, askin me to mention you loads when you dont say a word about me??
    alright...
    well of course theres the 1st one, chatting with ita an elyse all thru I Spy
    not understanding 1 focking thing out of anyone's mouth for the 1st 2 days till i understood the irish accent
    seeing muireann and decidin that she was very cool, and goin up to talk to her an being right (yes, you owe me)
    kilkenny... elyse trying on that dress, the fancy restaurant wit her an muir an ita (oh were we SATC)
    and on the way back, the little man....
    teaching elyse and being taught of muir a certain important skill
    my birthday!! all my pretty presents, the cupcake an AJ singing me happy birthday in his sexy voice. and rory trying.
    catriona an willie's... disapproval
    monsoon wit mulley and bex, and the pretty dresses
    the cinema, seeing veronica guerin
    the discos an dancin all dirty wit muir an lisa, those dam water pistols, and whoever it was that took all those pictures... honestly, who was that??
    the line for having muir straighten ones hair every morning
    fingers... lots and lots of fingers. thanks to all that provided them for me. and jane an lisa an ita for puttin up wit me begging
    the creeper doctor and my bronchitis
    max, i could make a whole page on him... "maybe not jesus, but bacon!" "just being sadistic." and *swoon* eiseart. using him for long bus rides
    jane's vampire bites, an alex stealing my belt
    lisa attempting to corrupt me wit ar ya nervous an then some
    oh, and that 1st bit of bowling! i got like 6 spares in a row and won. and the bus ride there wit all of its wonderful results...
    and all sorts of memories involving seamus, but i'm not allowed to say them, apparently no one wants to hear them not like everyone didnt see it all. so thats all. for now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

THE LITTLE MAN!!!! How could i forget the little man??
    seeing sarah rosen, beig intimidated by her gorgeousness, then talking to her and realising how cool she was....
    *smirk* taching elyse and sarah the important skill
    dirty dancing with well....everyone
    my SATC lunch
    arriving late on the first real day and being all scared(second day to most of you)
    running around in the rain with ita
    being late for class...every day
    the games involving all the water
    the chinese nun:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Nyopallo

Memories?

I've tons of them.

- Trying to figure out all the slang that you crazy people use.
    - Laughing at the other Alex when he failed to realize what "meet" meant to you people.
    - Owning EVERYONE at Quake immensely. Every time.
    - The presentation on pie. That was the best presentation ever.
    - The discos. I don't think there was a single thing better than the discos, especially when I got to put this hippy hair to good use. Other things about the discos, too.
    - Jane's mommy jumper.
    - Lisa's tits of steel.
    - The "food". I put quotes because I'm still not sure what it was I ate every day.
    - Going into Dublin with Arizona Alex after being signed out by his mom, and having myself a drink or two.
    - Finding out that I am not, in fact, the nerdiest person ever.
    - Failing to convince you all that you put letters where they have no business being.

This wasn't at CTYI, but between the time it ended and the time I got back home
    - Wandering around Limerick for a few hours and NOT getting stabbed.
    - Drinking three pints while waiting for my sandwich.
    - Taking home a small part of Ireland with me in my liver.

~Alex the magical poncho Yank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by Nyopallo

- Taking home a small part of Ireland with me in my liver.
    So that was YOU! Give it back, now.

Sorry, but the part that I did take back with me I left in the Newark airport bathroom.

- Owning EVERYONE at Quake immensely. Every time.
    This man speaks the truth. But I was to busy...erm...kicking that wanker TJ from the game. Yes, that'll do.
    - The presentation on pie. That was the best presentation ever.
    "And, as you can see, 3.14 backwards is in fact PIE."

Also, I remember kicking the wall seperating Seamus's (my roomate) and Alex's room, and Seamus hitting it with the works of Karl Marx (all the dirty rotten commie's book is good for, t.b.h).

Seamus was using a book? That wanker! I was using me bare hands, he's a cheater that one is.

Seamus was using a book? That wanker! I was using me bare hands, he's a cheater that one is.
    I also used my boots, removed from my feet and used in a hammer-esque way. Made quite a noise, if you did it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I've had way too much time on my hands, so I wrote this.. What I remember:

Finding out my roommate was the same one I had in session 1 2001
    Seeing some of the yanks back
    Watching (insert ****e Black Cop meets White Cop film) at the orentation ceremony
    Finding out that the food was WORSE than last year
    Sitting around in a letchy fasion with Macdara analysing the "talent" at the session
    Making innuendos at Fio
    Finding out the mystic secret rules that apply to CTYI staff.. some of which STILL make me laugh
    Trying to network my and Garóg's laptop through a cable strung past a couple of other rooms
    Smoking in Macdara's bathroom
    Talking to Rory about various things.. say what you will about him, he's one of the soundest people I know
    The Motorhead song at the first disco
    Hanging around in a cynical and (less of a choice) single fasion at the first disco
    Going ****ing crazy at the last disco when Buried Dreams came on, and then realising that there were less than 10 people actually moshing or even trying to dance.
    Observing the quick decline of Garóg's laptop
    Getting assaulted by Sim's Pot Noodles
    Making "EEEH! GRINGOOOOO!!" comments in Macdara's room when he was engaging in something questionable that made him look like a columbian drug lord
    Doing the time warp with the ****e dance version
    Doing the time warp with the proper version with about 50 people doing the call backs..
    Finding out who this "Barry Aldwell" chap was
    Finding out who that "It Wasn't Me" thing was
    Being bitter
    Steven doing an on-the-spot nipple peircing at the last disco
    Various people dressing up.. some hilarious, some attractive (;)) and some plain stupid (THIS MEANS YOU BATGIRL IN PINK)
    Crying uncontrollably on the last night, everything running together.
    Meeting Seth in Kilkenny
    Going to the zoo and running out of all money for the rest of the course
    Seeing the death pig at the zoo
    Getting very scared at night listening to Carcass's Inpropagation
    Being introduced to Entombed by Garóg
    Getting Bob kicked off campus
    Frolicking below Liz's window when she played flute, amidst a rain of food from Hannah
    Making tea
    The entire BEHEMOTH horns-flicking thing
    Pulling the knob off (dont ask)
    THOSE ****ING ITALIANS
    THOSE ****ING ITALIANS asking me for "papers".. "BIGGER PAPERS!"

Originally posted by nosmo

Various people dressing up.. some hilarious, some attractive (;)) and some plain stupid (THIS MEANS YOU BATGIRL IN PINK)

say what you will, and i agree she did look stupid, her outfit DID coordinate with mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Originally posted by theymademedoit

I made such a mess... Cheese, i wasted so much money on b u b b l e s. I bought non bursting b u b b l e s and a b u b b l e gun. Then I almost blinded garog with the b u b b l e gun. but it wasn't my fault...
    I remember that (harsh word) in my R.A. group who came into my room and ate three of my donuts and drank my capri-suns. i bought like forty of them but i still needed them. After that she followed me and wouldn't leave me alone until i tricked with a distraction and ran away. Then she went away for the last night so I spent the last night in her roommates place and we ate food. That was great. I remember me and aisling trying to start that twelve monkey thing to free creatures from the zoo. It didn't turn out so good... And the whole ME/invader zim quotes that we shared. And I remember the surprise party my art teacher threw for me for my 'birthday'. I felt real bad... We got free cake. Damn you all who kept dropping hints that it wasn't really my birthday!!
    i remember the times I spent in that games common room playing puzzle b u b b l e. I beat Sparky good. And I remember refusing to eat that weird... chicken with ham and stuff inside. cheese the cafeteria food sucked. I remember our T.A dancing like Justin Timberlake at the last disco and during all our art classes. I remember disapproving of drinking smoking and the like only to find out that a lot of you hobos do that stuff!! Ah well. I steel wuves you. i remember climbing those trees in the botanics and then the guy told some other guy not too. Then everyone knew about it and I didn't know how... then Aine gave out to me for it. And then we played capture the flag. And we saw a really bad movie. I don't wanna remember that... hmm... I'll remember some more later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Originally posted by Spenguin
    ... then Aine gave out to me for it.

Aww, Alison, you know I wasn't being serious. You climb all the trees you want.

And I create another list...
    Being given out to by two people in my class for wanting to do work.
    Sneaking off with Aoife on two occasions, while she smoked and I begged for a drag.
    Not being sure whether to take Ita or Hugh's side in an argument of some sort....probably something to do with tickling.
    Beeping Jenny on the nose in a civilsed manner, and letting her do the same to me.
    Steven and Sim ganging up on me at the first disco, and tickling me(not fair...you're both taller than me :( )
    "One child, slightly used"
    Offering to spit in Garóg's hair.
    Finally getting to tongue Lisa's tongue on the last day.
    Spending two hours crying when I got home.
    MacDara and Barry's ninjas .
    Barry's stimulants/laxatives.
    Amanda from my class. She was great. ANYBODY DISAGREE, I KILL YOU!!! WITH A SPORK!!!
    Watching Monsters Inc. to analyze the relationships in it.
    Missing all the orgies.

Advertisement