Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journal bugs

Options
  • 30-08-2003 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Had a discussion on IRC this evening with ecksor about a few url bugs on the journals.

Basically, the thing is this - if I want to give someone a direct link to a journal entry, I can't - unless it is one of my 10 most recent entries... because it gets knocked off the journal.php page then.

Take my "Briefest of Miracles" entry for example. ecksor suggested I link to it like this. Now this bypasses the "10 most recent problem" and apparently works (although linking directly to entries with spaces in their titles is problematic in IE, ... I'll let that bit slide)... BUT... it loads a huge page (even bigger if you're ... say... amp, or whitewashman).

My question is this... can ye create a php page that displays just ONE entry in ONE journal?

It'd have a URL something like this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/journal_entry.php?s=&journalid=1172&entryid=13

Then it'd be much easier to refer someone to a specific entry in a journal.

For convenience, this page could be automatically linked to from the entry itself (similar to how the "link" reference at the bottom of every post in every thread works).

Am I making sense?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Actually, as this is technically a suggestion (I suggested creating a php page that would show just one specific journal entry and adding the "link" link pointing at it to the journal entries in journal.php), perhaps this thread should be moved to Feedback/Suggestions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

There's actually some code in the journal page for doing page by page browsing of journal entries (last 10 entries on first page, next 10 on the second page, etc), but it's commented out for some reason (the author makes reference to the next version in the comments). I'll have a look to see if it's incomplete or what's the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

any news on this ecksor?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Not just yet ...

Advertisement