Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wallpaper 4 pc

• 30-08-2003 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

my comp aint the newest but it runs good. i wanted to kno how to change the color setting on the icons on my desktop bcause when i put on a good wallpaper im left with the icon(name....game) with a blue background...it looks real bad this way....so i need to make the color bhind the writing clear if anyone kno's pls tell me ..cheers:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

Right click on your desktop.
    Select properties.
    Go to the Appearance tab.
    Click on the advanced tab(win2k)
    Now select the areasurrounding all the boxes and then select a more apropriate colur from the option below.

Wrong form by the by.
    Try technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

just as an aside what sites do people use for wallpaper?

i generally use deviant art

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jamesgjf

ehh somtimes i usually want a wallpaper that is made 4 a game (i.e generals,battlefield,etc...) or if u like a certain image on a site u can right click on it and save it a as backround on ur desktop!!!
    and tnx to jammy dodger for his reply!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

You might find this utility handy - I have it running on my PC for a good while now, works great. Allows you to have a collection of different wallpapers, switches between them. Lots of apps around to do that, but this one is the best I've found.

Re the original post, one of its handier features is that on loading a new image, it calulates the most suitable background colour (avg colour of the image or something) to ensure the icons blend in, and sets it automatically - great trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

i use aston really cool desktops not like wallpapers they suck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jamesgjf

tnx neversaydie it looks like a good utility ill get it now! tnx 4 the link !

Advertisement