Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem Scripts and Caller ID?

Options
  • 31-08-2003 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭

i recently upgraded my software modem to v.92 and now i want to be able to connect to a v.92 modem when i dial into IOL SNL.

I haerd here that there is a script which will let you do this. I think it was mentioned here before.

I would be gratefull if i could get a link.

I would like a caller ID program that will tell who is calling as well if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

IOL don't support v92.
    AFAIK it's only UTV that do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

If your modem is able to support V.92, and if it's able to get a good enough connection, and if your provider supports it- then you get it automatically.
    I thought IOL were V.92 as well as UTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

One of the features of v.92 is that of 'modem on hold'...ie. when your online, you get a message indicating that someone is trying to call you on that line - it will allow you to answer the call without losing the internet connection...or something to that effect.

this is a link to what im talking about here

I am a UTV subscriber and followed this up with them...they told me to contact eircom as they didnt know (and to let them know the outcome:( ). I did contact eircom but of course, biddy didnt know - although i do admit that i gave up at the first call stage.

Does anyone have the knowledge on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Its called Internet Call Waiting. Not supported by Eircom I suspect.

Check

http://www.eircomlab.com/ for an answer and for the technical characteristics

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Originally posted by Muck
    Its called Internet Call Waiting. Not supported by Eircom I suspect.

Check

http://www.eircomlab.com/ for an answer and for the technical characteristics

M
    Thanks Muck, i scanned through it - its conspicuous by its absence so i can only assume its not possible.

(Eircom Research & Development Lab,
    Room 711,
    Telephone House
    :D
    Is this a room in the basement .....with rats running treadmills or rats strapped into chairs.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement