Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Simulator 2004

Options
  • 31-08-2003 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight looks class! Its celebrating 100 years of powered flight and marks the 20th anniversary of the program itself.

Did anyone get it? Any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

an imrovment in eye candy and and atc functions nothing much else. the flight model is still as flawed as always (take up a cessna 172/182 gradually raise nose and cut throttle. once you reach stall speed one of the wings should drop suddenly and then the aircraft should go into a flat spin. it dosent). that said the eye candy is beautiful. the 3d clouds look fantastic and flying around major cities is a joy. it comes at a price though a 3ghz+ processoer and a raedon9700 will have trouble running it smoothly. tbh a nicely customised fs2002 installation will be easier on your computer and can look just as good(fsuipc can be used to create a fog effect that looks as good as the fs2004 built in one with only a fraction of the frame rate hit). if you want the best flight model go for xplane. scenery in it though looks like a pile of poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

That about sums it up. Does look great though. I just couldn't handle X-Planes dire graphics. Especially when its so expensive as well. Theres some GPS functionality in 2004 that hasn't been in it before. Though again I think you can get 3rd party products that are just as good. I wouldn't mind picking up 2002 when its a little cheaper. Its still very pricey.

Advertisement