Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake 3

Options
  • 28-04-1999 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Looks pretty damn fun actually.

That q3test2 is one very good level - even playing with a poxy green ball for a mouse (on my mates mac).

The best bits about it imo:

* jump pads
    * cool mortal kombat voices/damage tones when you hit a baddie
    * position on the leaderboard on crosshair - and announcements when you get near to the top
    * name of baddie on crosshair
    * smoke trails on rockets are pure class (even better than half life) and add to the atmosphere.
    * quad pickup announcement
    * my mate was connected to an american server and it was the best 700 ping i've ever seen. Still pretty unplayable but way ahead of qw. Are there any british servers around?

I messed about with the ihv version but this seems much nicer. less skill than q1 though - easier to hit things and slower movement but it's still pretty frantic and the models look really solid - unlike unreal/hl imo. I reckon it'll really catch on. I'll miss the popgun though.

Time to save for a new PC methinks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 KrPtoRChiLD

Whats the story with that demo anyway ?
    A few weeks ago the pre alpha demo for developers was sent out and that ran fine on a PII 300 with voodoo 2
    but this latest demo runs like **** ?? How can the pre beta run less efficiently than the later one ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

barrysworld have servers up i think

Advertisement