Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan

Options
  • 31-08-2003 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm new to the town, which seems full of Dubs, like most areas close to the capital these days.

What do Navan people think of this outward emigration. I hear stories that most locals are fed up with the influx of newbies, but everyone I meet seems to be ok with it, as the town is prospering.

Anyone out there can give me a view on pubs in the town - preferably the better quieter ones, rather than the loud ones?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

So you've come to the glorious place that is Navan then.
    I'm sure it might seem pretty for a while but you'll get over that :p
    Let's see, pubs in the town ....
    Kinghts on Watergate street. More of a youthful spot seeing as it's been recently done up!
    The Stone House (across from the shopping center). Nice pub (well I like it anyway) it's quieter than it used to be. It's been ousted by the newly refurbished ones.
    Banjo Sherlocks (Beside Stonehouse). Slightly more youthful than the Stonehouse, has bands playing at weekends.
    The Tailtean (Sp?) Trimgate St. Old fóggies pub.
    O'Flaherties (Sp?) (Across from the Loft restaurant) Quite popular, slightly more mature crowd.
    Ryans, By the Church Entrance, Trimgate street. Pretty new pub, quite nice but pretty loud (last time I was there anyway).

That's the short of it really. But at this stage you probably know all that cos you've been there almost a month :rolleyes:
    Oh well! What part of town you living in? Myself, I'm up flowerhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dubaim

thanks Raz, in the cultural wilderness that is Johnstown.

One reply, in a month, either this is a Dublin orientated site or Navan is what everyone use to think it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Originally posted by dubaim
    thanks Raz, in the cultural wilderness that is Johnstown.
    I hope you have a car :)

I'd say the site is more Ireland oriented and when you look at it on that scale Navan might aswell be Dublin. Most Navan folk who frequent such a place as this wish to forget the palindrome town and would spend most of their time within the pale anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dubaim

Well call me a boring old fart, but give me Navan over Dublin, anyday.

If it's too loud, you're too old - well, I'm just too old!

Advertisement