Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding to a Toolbar

Options
  • 31-08-2003 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I had an icon on the toolbar of my computer (where the internet, clock and speaker symbol are) but the icon has disappeared.

I tried to drag it down from the desktop without success - how can I get it back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Originally posted by Cork
    I had an icon on the toolbar of my computer (where the internet, clock and speaker symbol are) but the icon has disappeared.

I tried to drag it down from the desktop without success - how can I get it back?

What programme/service does the icon represent?
    As fars i know, you should normally be able just to drag and drop the shortcut or icon in there. Otherwise, their may be an option in the program itself to run it on startup in the taskbar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The programme is the:

No frills Timer ( a timer to tot up time that I spend one line)

I'll check out your suggestion.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I use NFT. You should be able to just click the close X in the top right of the program and have it minimise to the system tray.

Assuming you have the program open in full mode, make sure it does this by clicking "Options", then making sure there's a tick mark next to "Hide when Minimised"

If you don't have it open in full mode (smaller window with no X), right click on the program, click "Open no Frills Timer" and follow the instructions above.

If you don't like the little window being on the screen all the time, on the View menu, untick "Floating Timer". Won't be as easy to see your time ueage if you do this though.

As an aside, I assume you have the timer set to reset every month at the same time (so you don't have to do it manually)? If you haven't and you're not sure of how to do this, post back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Dont know if this helps but my isp timer (isptimer) also sits in the taskbar on startup.
    isptimer.exe resides here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

- thats on a win xp pro system.

hope that helps...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

There's nothing you can do through windows - you'll have to go into the program itself and change something there - more than likely in the settings/config dialogue.

There's no way of just dragging and dropping just anything onto the taskbar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by Cork

The only thing that I can suggest is that if you run a program called rbtray.exe you can right click the minimise button on the application and it'll minimise to your system tray.

Generally the stuff you describe might happen if exlporer crashed or the program corrupts, but the rbtray thing is a workaround you could try :)

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/3244/

Advertisement