Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Selection

Options
  • 31-08-2003 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

If i get my points on the re check, but the course goes to random selection, and i get up to the points, do i get the course or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Depends on the college i'm afraid dave, i've heard only 2 senarios, one hold ye a place for next year or second they tell ye sorry better luck next year........Haven't heard of anyone actually getting into the course on random selection, but its possible i guess....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

your asking if you get a recheck and your new points are at the minimum level would you go into random selection. Yes you would.

Originally posted by Boston
    your asking if you get a recheck and your new points are at the minimum level would you go into random selection. Yes you would.

By the end of re-check's though most random selection has been completed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Exactly, but wouldn't that open up legal issues?
    By all rights it was the departmnets fault, i should have a chance at that place!

Well not quite the same, but a m8 of mine was brought up in the second round of re-checks(Where you have to go to athlone to view scripts and such..) and basically by the end of the re-checks he went from 515 - 540, which was vet that year and on random selection at that, basically college(ucd) said they had no requirement to let him in, dept of education said it was up to the college on the issue. As far as i'm aware colleges tend to be more accodmating to people being brought up in the first round of re-checks(closer to college start etc...). But as for a legal requirement to let you in dave ye'd really have to check the paperwork, i'd say yer case would probally be with the dept not the college, which mightn't really help getting in......

Anyway Gl with it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Dave afaik everyone's random selection numbers are still on file. If you are upgraded you're not at a disadvantage as the outcome of the selection will be the same as it would have been had you applied in round 1. ie. if your number is higher than that of the last student to get a place you're in..

But remember that the random selection * may mean that only one or two places were offered to people with those points..

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    Well not quite the same, but a m8 of mine was brought up in the second round of re-checks(Where you have to go to athlone to view scripts and such..) and basically by the end of the re-checks he went from 515 - 540, which was vet that year and on random selection at that, basically college(ucd) said they had no requirement to let him in, dept of education said it was up to the college on the issue. As far as i'm aware colleges tend to be more accodmating to people being brought up in the first round of re-checks(closer to college start etc...). But as for a legal requirement to let you in dave ye'd really have to check the paperwork, i'd say yer case would probally be with the dept not the college, which mightn't really help getting in......

Anyway Gl with it....

all scripts come to the school now, not atlone

Originally posted by Boston
    all scripts come to the school now, not atlone

No, they come to the school for the first viewing, if you get them re-checked and wish to view them again a trip to athlone is required

no its not, you don't have to go to athlone, just the script

Advertisement