Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pub laws

Options
  • 31-08-2003 3:02pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering about the new licencing laws that came into effect last week.

I know that as part of the law change, happy hour is stopped as drink cannot be served at a discounted price.
    My question is, does that mean that night long drinks promotions (e.g. some cheap german booze is €3 all night) are also banned??

thanks all
    Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Happy Hour" is not banned. The selling of drinks at a lower price than they were earlier on the same day (after official opening time) is banned.

You can still have an all day lower price promotion. You can still have a lower price promotion that lasts up to a certain time in the day. You cannot have such a lower price promotion that starts part way through the trading day.

Intoxicating Liquor Act 2003
    http://www.gov.ie/bills28/bills/2003/2403/default.htm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

thanks alot, that clears things up for me, thanks

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nothing to stop them having certain drinks at a low price all day but which are "out of stock" until 8pm and then run out at 9pm too.

Advertisement