Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overclocking adivce

Options
  • 31-08-2003 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Hi i am completely new to over clockin i have a 3000xp and 1024ddr (333mhz) and a 9800pro and wish to overclock the cpu.
    I was wondering how i would go about overclockin it and wether or there is some software you can do it with or does it have to be done manually? Also is there some safety software you could get that detects if the cpu is running over a certain temp and if so resets it to a safe speed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Hey , just need to know what motherboard you are using, and if possible what power supply , and cooling you have.

I have the same chip (xp3000) , with good water cooling you can get (on average) 2.5ghz - 2.6ghz , high end air 2.4ghz - 2.5ghz, stock cooling about 2.3-2.4ghz .

You will have a problem raising your FSB without using a FSB:RAM divider as your Ram will only run between 166mhz(333mhz) - 180mhz(360mhz) depending on how lucky you are. Your chip has the higher level multipliers unlocked already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Coolermaster Approved Fan with speed controller

1GB PC2700 DDR Ram (2 x 512mb sticks)

ASUS A7N8X Motherboard

(has 6 x USB, 2 x LAN, 5.1 Sound Etc)

120GB 7200rpm Hard Drive

9800pro

case with 400w PSU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Have any specific info on your coolermaster or links?? What make is your PSU, can be very important.

Mabye if possible if your board is a Rev 1.3 , or 2.0 (between pci slots it will say) , also what the code is on your cpu (will be able to compare it to mine & see what others are getting).

Loki

Advertisement