Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armagh into All-Ireland final again

Options
  • 31-08-2003 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Armagh are set to face Tyrone in the All-Ireland final after baeating Donegal by 4 points

Donegal were reducded to 14 men whenRaymond Sweeney was sent off for 2 yellow cards,which Armagh capiltalised on to come back and win the game

Oisin McConville converted a penalty in extra-time to seal the win

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

A perfect example of what I said was going to happen to football after the Tyrone-Kerry game. The high points were mundane workmanlike football.
    And I'm still trying to figure out how a ref can see a deliberate elbow to the face from a distance of two yards and still only give a yellow card.
    Or how you can hop a ball twice in succession, fist it over the bar and get a point instead of the other team getting a free out.

Still though, the next match will be entertaining...

...just like Wrestlemania 12.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

fair fuks to donegal!!!!

brilliant mach for the fans, now we need tickets.!!!!!:) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

lock up dublin for that weekend ...
    Tyrone and Armagh are goin to kill each other .....

anyone but Tyrone

i think armagh and tyrone will have killed each other by then anyway. thats the feeling, school starts tomoro and there mite be a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

that second half was pure entertainment...class.
    As a pure hurling fan im not one for football but i did enjoy the game yesterday.

the referee was a joke. sending off was a bit harsh and the fact he was looking directly at the elbow and had to run over to the lines man to ask him ...lol *shakes head*

heres praying peter canavan is fit for the final.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Just the final we all wanted. They are going to knock lumps out of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

yeah if only they would play football as well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

There two teams that will play good football while kicking the s**t out of eachother

good footabll and Ulster isnt quite right is it,

Football ,yes. boring football, yes. but good football...Time will tell.

the amazing thing about sundays game was that armagh actually looked like a football team compared to the mens netball team of donegal.

Originally posted by kmart6
    There two teams that will play good football while kicking the s**t out of eachother
    Last time I checked, good footballers knew you couldn't hop the ball twice in succession...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Sparks
    Last time I checked, good footballers knew you couldn't hop the ball twice in succession...

Its an easy mistake to make when your playing a fast tempo game.

Peter Canavan did it in the League final against Laois and got a score out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NorthernScally

Well done Armagh, was worried for a while, as Donegal put up a good fight, but Armagh showed what good champions they are by winning the game

As to the final, its anyones guess as to how it will be played. I know that most people think it will be a dull affair, but I dont think you could call yesterdays game was dull, and both teams played some good football.

Tyrone really want to win it, but if any team can beat them, then it has to be Armagh

As a banner this morning in Armagh stated: " THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOURS GOODS!!!"

:D:D:D

the wides, are being talked about too much at school and sh1t.

sure that was a major problem, but armagh were doin better out in midfield than usual, and the defence was very strong. i think paddy mc keever was crucial in the final miniutes and i think he will take ronan clarke's place. armagh could do with him for left footed frees.

stephen mc donald man o the match

bring on tyrone, and god bring me some tickets.

Originally posted by kmart6
    Its an easy mistake to make when your playing a fast tempo game.
    Peter Canavan did it in the League final against Laois and got a score out of it

Or, to put it more plainly, Armagh won because the ref didn't make the right call on the pitch.

Or, to put it more plainly, Armagh won because the ref didn't make the right call on the pitch.

Its great to always blame the ref.

Ok the ref sould have sent off McEntee for the highn elbow but name one thing that he did wrong that no other ref has let go in a game???

Ok the ref sould have sent off McEntee for the highn elbow but name one thing that he did wrong that no other ref has let go in a game???
    There's a nicely phrased question. "Name one instance of incompetence that other incompetents have not done in the past decade or two".
    Pah.
    The point that Armagh got by ignoring the no-two-hops-in-succession rule shouldn't have been allowed. Full stop.

sparks, its obvious to anyone that reads your posts you feel cheated and abused by the ref after the Tyrone - Kerry game.

But the ref wasnt that bad for Armagh and donegal, Yes he should have sent off McEntee hes a dirty swine. but two hops, c'mon..that happens all the time.

Donegal lost because they persisted with a handpassing game even though they were down to 14 men. they got crowed out in midfield and constantly lost the ball.

personally I think your posts are excellent and you make some good points but jesus man, let it go. You are developing a real chip on your shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Armagh won.. because after donegal won a free ... the donegal man kicked the free straight to an armagh man - armagh attacked and scored a goal... which got armagh back in the game.

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    Armagh won.. because after donegal won a free ... the donegal man kicked the free straight to an armagh man - armagh attacked and scored a goal... which got armagh back in the game.

This is what i mean Sparks Donegal lost the game themselves the ref didnt need to cheat them out of it

Advertisement