Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the wheel of time

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well this might indeed be the 'last' battle, because as ishmael noted to himself this time isn't the same as the others..

something about old barriers being broken etc, it was somewhere when rand was in the stone of tear.
    but there are things being introduced to the mix this time that were apparently lacking in the previous 'last' battles, so this could really be the big one.

but then that doesn't really tie in with the idea of the wheel of time.. if the dark one can just be stopped like that..
    *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Originally posted by ixoy
    What's wroing with is that it's lazy writing.

Jordan: Damn and blast! I've killed off the threats to the character! What should I do? Oh I know, bring them back!
    Critic: But doesn't that undermine the effort to kill them in the first place?
    Jordan: Shut up or I'll add another book to the series!
    Critic: Yeah, but if you keep returning the person it's just recycling. Why can't you create a new threat that actually invokes terror? How can a reader be afraif of someone they know can be killed?!
    Jordan: BECAUSE. Just BECAUSE. I've added two books to the series now because of you.
    Critic: Jesus man, can't you do something fresh with the series? Resurrection smacks of a lack of creativity.
    Jordan: Wheel of time turns. Again. And again. Three books now. Plus a bonus chapter on Nynaeve pulling her braids while she thinks of Lan.
    Critic: Jesus give it a rest and start wrapping it up.
    Jordan: Five extra books. A spin-off book also on Rand, Matt, and Perrin's views on how the others know women.
    Critic: You're a wanker.
    Jordan: Eight books. And I'm introducing fifty new characters each book.

priceless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I'm surprised this is still going on there is only so much moaning about Write-More-Books-Jordan you can indulge in! :D . Anyway im sure the cycle will be broken this time.........

only for all the bad guys all to come back to life and the whole thing to start again....WOOOO 20 more books for W.M.B.Jordan to spew out from the photocopier!.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

http://www.ece.umd.edu/~dilli/WOT/WOTindex/book.html

a nice synopsis site for those who cant be bothered re-reading the whole series to get an idea what is happening before they start book 10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Good read, I have started C of T and was a bit lost with some of the characters alright. Would have liked a bit more detail in the synopses but it certainly is handy for looking up some of those people I have forgotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

just wondering what exactly happened asmonde? and end of book 5 he goes like no not you or something who was he talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Hasn't been revealed who killed him yet, and to be honest, I have no clue. Usually, I have an idea or two as to who it could be, but this, no idea. There's no real evidence to go on.

Could be Luc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

On a side note, has anybody read book 10 ??

Have you noticed the massive number of typos in it, putting in the wrong word here and there etc... Is a bit bloody annoying to tell ya the truth, ya pay alot of money for a book and expect somebody to take the time to do their job right in proof reading it...

think i might have the problem solved.
    start of book six shows demandred steeping through a gatway so my money is on him. but to be honest i think it was like "ok im sick of this character time to kill him off. so who will kill him **** it will leave it a mystery......"

have a funny feeling he is back as a woman anyway.

yeah loads of typos in book 10 but probably expected at this stage.

Yea, he betrayed The Dark One by helping Rand control his powers, so the first thing that The Dark One will do when he has him killed is go

"Ah, it wasn't so bad, I can see you really had no choice, sure here, have another shot at life, after all i'm a forgiving guy, just don't do it again, ya little scamp".

Pfft, no, he's dead. Final.

What character did you think it was out of interest?

• Advertisement

well my reason for thinking he was brought back was in the prolouge of book 6 it showed a half-man talking to 2 individuals both female as far as i could reason out they were named left hand and right hand in the old tounge. one woman could use the male half of the true source. so since he and lanfear were last to to "die" it was my assumption that they were the two brought back. open to any othere ideas though.

The mystery of Aran'gar and Osan'gar has been solved. Aran'gar is Balthamel, and Osan'gar is Aginor. The recycling of Belthamel as Aran'gar just goes to prove that The Dark One has a sense of humour at the least, since in the first book Balthamel is noted as being a bit of a leacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Kraken, you should look for the wheel of time FAQ. All the various theories are there. Jordan himself, confirmed who the 'gars really are.

Tis a good site indeed, and very well done. Drop in there once every month or two to see if they've updated to the 10th book. Does take a while though.

To be honest, that's where I dragged the above info about the 'Gars from. Couldn't remember for certain who they were, as haven't read any of the books since a month after 10 was released, however long ago that was, and I wanted to confirm.

God, my sense of time has been seriously ****ed since I started shift work. :mad:

whats the address of this wonderfull site. dont mean boards.ie btw but thats good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Advertisement