Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paying for advertising

• 31-08-2003 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was banned from the Sales section of the forum (deservedly) for posting as a trader, I have tried emailing and contacting some Mod's about paying for advertising rights but still no response.

Can anyone help out ?

Regards,

Seán

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Vexorg is the man to chat to about that, but he has been very busy lately. If he doesn't respond here in a day or two then send him a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Send me your contact info by pm and I will let you know what we can do for you.

Currently we are not geared towards providing a service for small traders, the larger players like Komplett, Blacknight and Elara have their own forums.

If you can let me know what you intend to sell, I will have a think about what we can do for you.

Regards

Gerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Thanks a lot for that, i'll PM him in a few days if he doesn't respond here.

Regards,

Seán

PM Sent Vexorg, haven't heard from you since :(
    Any news on the situation..?

Regards,

Seany

He's a busy guy, give him a day or two.

• Advertisement

I sent you an email to the address you requested last night, how can I not have replied?... I even asked for your feedback.

If you require an answer now, the answer is there is no facility for you to post on boards.ie as a trader. You may take your own forum for e100 per month.

If you would like to wait until we have had a chance to discuss how we can facilitate alllowing traders to use the forums and make a contribution towards the upkeep of the forums, then please give us sometime to trash it out. As you can imagine we are not pushed about having traders using the forums... if we do allow this, it will have to be easy to adminisiter, and have a strict set of guidelines to ensure that the facility is not abused.

We are all very busy at the moment, it would be easier for us to say no, but if you can bear with us while we discuss the situtation again, we may come up with something.

V.

Ok thanks, let me know as soon as you's come to an agreement.

Thanks for the time ;)

Seán

any news on the situation ?

Regards

Seany

Sean^DCT4

Seany, I send you an email a couple of weeks ago outlining our current position... in a nutshell, we tried to come up with a suitable way to allow commercial postings on the for sale forum.

There are differing opinions amoung the admins, and while we are not totally in agreement, we have decided to put this on hold for the moment.

I am opening a thread on the for sale forum asking for regulars opinions on allowing commercail posts and the value this might bring to boards users... please feel free to add your opinion.

I will let the thread run for a while to guage interest from both commercial posters and the opinions of the users.

Thanks

Vex.

Yes I feel that is reasonable enough, thanks for keeping an open mind by the way :)

Hope this goes well :)

Regards,

Seán

*** EDIT ***
    I don't have access to the For Sale section :( can someone allow me access it once again ?

• Advertisement

Sean... ban lifted... needless to say... no commercail postings:)

V.

Oops, I would have lifted the ban, but I must have read the post between the original post and the edit ...

@Vexorg
    Thanks

Still can't access that part of the forum :(

Try once more.

@Vexorg
    Are you opening the thread for this discussion or can I start it up ?

@ecksor
    thanks for that :)

Seán

Advertisement