Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SonyEricsson service centres?

• 31-08-2003 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Where the fup can I find one in Ireland?

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Sigma Telecom
    St Margarets's Road,
    Finglas,
    Dublin 11

+353 (1) 8142222

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

If I was you I would use The Mobile Phone Repair Company instead. Their website is on http://www.mprc.ie You can get all the details off there. They usually do same day dispatch if you post it to them and you can track the status of the repair online. They can also carry out more repairs on different models than Sigma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i'd always go with Sigma fonefix.ie for Ericsson / SonyEricsson service and repairs

BrianG

Well I sent a phone to Sigma before and they couldn't fix it, so they forwarded it on to MPRC - who fixed it and then MPRC had to send it back to Sigma who then had to send it back to me!!! It took a week because of that :mad: , while if i had sent it to MPRC direct I would have had it back in 2 working days.:)

Since that I've always used MPRC and find their service excellent, and the guys in it are really helpful, also they use Nightline to courier the phone to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's nothing actually wrong with my phone, just want to get it flashed with firmware that's not riddled with ****ty operator customizations :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kevinmcc
    Well I sent a phone to Sigma before...

was it a (Sony)Ericsson?

i'd always send Nokia's to MPRC, but for Ericcsson / SonyEricsson i stick with Sigma

Originally posted by Stephen
    There's nothing actually wrong with my phone, just want to get it flashed with firmware that's not riddled with ****ty operator customizations :)

give them a quick buzz beforehand - you may need to explain why you need the upgrade (i.e. a situation the upgrade will fix / enhance) - and they might need proof of warranty

hth,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What I want to do is get an original SonyEricsson firmware upgrade for it, as my handset was bought in the UK and has some operator (Orange) customisations which i'd like to be rid of. It is already unlocked for use with any network.

Would the fact that the phone was only manufactured six weeks ago (according to the 03W30 label in the battery compartment) be proof enough for this?

Yeah you're right DubWireless it was Nokias.

If it is a T610 you have, no centre in Ireland can help you, cause I already contacted MPRC, Fonefix etc. about the T610 and all of them said that it won't be for a few months until the phone is launched here. Your only other option is to send it to the UK.

not sure how they would deal with an operator customised version - the (warranty) update process is really ment for fixing problems identified with the phone rather than cleaning off an operator customised system and installing the default

that's one key thing people sending in a non-operator handset have to watch for - have read at least two stories on esato.com about SE Serivce Centres flashing the Vodafone customised system onto someone's clean sim-free purchased handsets - they were rightly miffed...

until a handset is released here they tend not to support updates, although i managed to get some for the likes of the R520m which was never released here - i'll mail one of the (sony)ericsson people in there and see if they come back with any info

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement