Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what wrong with rooney

Options
  • 31-08-2003 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

At the start of the game Wayne Rooney is still on a youth contract, I'm managing liverpool and have offered him £80,0000 a week plus a signing fee of £4,000,000 a yearly wage rise of 25% Appearence fee £16,000 Goal Bonus £16,000 assist Bonus £16,000 but his agent keeps saying he wants a better basic wage but i cant offer anymore. A wage rise from £6,250 to £80,000 a week plus the bonuses is great by anyones standards, hes a greedy fat git.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It means he has no intention of playing for you. More likely he has no intention of playing anywhere other than Everton. Same thing happened to me with Rafael Van Der Vaart. He wanted ludicrous amounts of money. But I wasnt going to give hime £120,000 a week so the deal was vetoed. Greedy bastard, yeah well his loss he wont ever be winning the CL now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Rafael Van Der Vaart and Mark Van Bommel break my heart.

I tried to by them both as manager of Barcelona after my first season. I'd just won the League and Cup and got to the semis of the Champs League.

Neither of them were interested even at £120,000 a week with wage rises and millions in a signing on fee.

Absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I tried to sign him in the third season. I offered him 43k a week 2m signing on and as much as I could game/goal on a 2 year contract. His agent said he doesn't wast such a risible contract and the length is too long, but willing to negociate.
    So I changed it to 43k on a I year - doesn't want a risible contract.
    I then changed it to 30k an he said while the offer wasn't insultable but it wasn't enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 elsoldemayo

If you wait a couple of seasons, Everton usually get relegated and you can pick Rooney up for 5 or 6m

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yop - Rooney will only (afaik, imo, etc,etc ) leave after Everton get relegated so your wasting your time otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

its the same as Joe Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

I signed rooney with man utd and with real madrid. its takes about 80000 - 100000 per week, but if you keep offering new contracts you can get it down to about 35000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I am paying him 110k p/m atm
    but hey he is on the bench and gets a game 90 % of the time :)
    cant wait til he blossoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Neither of them were interested even at £120,000 a week with wage rises and millions in a signing on fee.
    I had the same problem with a player already in my squad. The player was Boumsong (pretty good defender!) and I was paying him €45,000 per week. When his contract was about to expire, the last offer I sent to him was for €130,000 p/w and €3.5 million signing on fee.

He said that he feels he deserves a better basic wage. I sold him to Liverpool for €8.5 million. His salary?

€20,000 p/w

Go figure...

Advertisement