Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIT Info?

• 31-08-2003 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Er, I dunno when the computer programming course starts up. I got offered it in the CAO and accepted it.

Does anyone know when it starts up, or where to go for that matter there.
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

assuming your going into first year.
    Registration Friday, 5th September, 2003 10-12 noon, and 2 - 4 p.m.
    Start Date/Induction for Year 1 Students:
    Thursday, 11th September, 2003

sorry i cant be more specific :) ,what course you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Gonna be doin Computer programming LC 311(yes first year), er whats the registration thing where do I go, aghhh. *butterflies*
    Do I need any forms...

Do I have to go to a room or wait by reception :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I'm sure if you call admissions or student services they can tell you what you do or don't need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Usually they (Being third level collegs / Uni's / IT's) have a orientation type day. They sort all this out on the day :)

you will get a kit with all the info in the post [you should have got it by now ring them and ask 061208209] the first day they will just get the forms off you take your pic for the id and tell you to when to come back for the Induction. during the Induction you will be made sit in a group with other 1st years you dont know and they will make you talk [as alot of people dont know anyone] i recomend you pick the group with the most birds that dont look like there from limerick [you know the type, they dont have shell suits loads of gold rings ect] this is such a good pulling opertunity dont miss out you should also make a few friends. they show you around collage tell you where everything is then tell you to piss off and come back monday to start collage.that might be the course i am doing [2nd year] not sure they love changing the name of it is it a cert or degree??

• Advertisement

Tis a cert, after the 2nd year you go on for a diploma add on then after that a degree add on.

I got nothing from them, I'll probably email the info place in LIT.

(Not too used to callin anyone lol)

dont bother emailing them, i never get a reply.just ring them they are very helpful they wont bite, except that girl in student services but thats another story ;) thats the couse i did.if you have any computer knowlage 1st year is a doss.just make sure to go into all the maths tutorials [its worth 40%, you will get 30~ no bother] and do all you java and RPG tutorials [really work on RPG as it is a big part of the course] and try to go to the lectures [1st year is boring i didnt learn much just about RPG] if you attend the lectures the will nearly pass you for that [just attend dont have to listen,just sign the role], the people who didnt turn up for lectures failed i whent to 85% of the did no study and got on very will in the exams

Whats the number?

More then likely I'll be going to 100% of the lectures lol if i dont fudge up at the start with the registry and such

061208209 , i can assure you that you wont got to all of them no one does. not even the lectures do ;)

What times can I ring between?

Thanks btw for everything. :)

• Advertisement

you can ring now and leave a voice message or ring during the day and there will be someone there

Voice message = DA divil

Rather speak to someone and find out, er what am I finding out about again, forms for the thing, or if their gonna send me a pack?lol

you should tell them you didnt recieve any letter you know you have to go and regester on friday and your fees have to be paid by then if you havent recieved a letter saying your getting a grant.you should get a move on

I recieved a letter saying sumtin about them sayin they got my register thing for a grant on friday, and I sent in the FA1.

I dunno anythnig about fee's nor anything along that line. My parents are gone to spain and im the only one in the house bout 2 miles from that city so that leaves me in a bit of a pickle (well not the transport in to the register thing).

agent7249@hotmail.com is my addy for msn messenger, could you add me in about 10 mins and tell me what I need to do.

I got the LIT info pack today.

I think I got the grant :confused:

Got some form anyway with 3 parts info about how much to be paid and to be paid when registered, tis 670

ring them and ask them. if they wont wait [which they should] you could get your parents to transfer money to you or most banks do intrest free loans for your grant money though i dont think they will be able to process it for u in time. you can always use a loan shark....Mr simpson i am afrade we will have to break both your legs in advance :D

I thnik I got the grant :S, AIB is down there and I think my account number, sott code and such, hell even my name printed down there

you mean on the bank giro you got from LIT?? thats printed on all the GIROS they send out and its there bank account details they have on it

Oh for **** sake :mad:

I called and I got a busy tone the first two times then internet noise the third time :mad:

Edit: Twice more and internet noise

Advertisement