Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Advice?

• 31-08-2003 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me.

my girlfriend and i will have been together one year soon, and i want to take her out for a nice meal on the night. so basically i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a nice play in the city centre to dine out, looking for somewhere quiet and romantic, between 50-100 euros. most types of food are eaten by us so all suggestions are welcome. :)

Cheers guys.

Neil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Luigi Malones in Temple Bar is nice.
    Or Flanagans on O'Connell street. That's a really quiet and romantic place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Luigi Malones is not exactly quiet or romantic, is it?

Emm Try the Boulavard Cafe near Tower Records, that has a very good atmosphere for couples in my experience.

If you are looking for something a little more casual in themes
    Tante Zoes in temple bar is cajun, Little Caesars is an italian place around the corner from Bruxelles and Mao is up behind Cafe mocha.

My favourite for the high budget end is the Trocadero, but expect to pay about 60+ euro a head.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

If she likes Italian, bring her to Nico's on Dame st. Real Italian food by Italian people, not one of your imitation Luigi Malone type places. Nice romantic atmosphere and very reasonable. Book well in advance if your going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Jeez, no need to shoot down my suggestions. Luigi Malones has quiet sections and imitation or not, the food is really nice and it's not too pricey either.
    What about Boccaccio's on Dame Street? Can't remember what the upstairs is like but downstairs is really quiet and romantic.

Originally posted by Sandi
    Jeez, no need to shoot down my suggestions.

Sorry, didn't mean it like it came across. I always just associated the place with work parties and being really busy.

My Bad :(

Sowwwy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭spudulike

Shack restaurant in Templebar is a great place for a nice meal - good food - good ambiance - doesn't have that mental templebar feel to it yet it's right in the middle of everything. Another options would be Trocadero - a bit more expensive but a great spot for a special occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

expensive but 1 of the best check out the prices yourself beside compustore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Probably too expensive, but Dobbin's Bistro was always one of my faves for that type of meal.

Very slightly un-centerish : Stephens Lane, which is effectively behind the BOI headquarters on Baggott Street.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 GillyS

Mermaid Cafe is excellent , fairly pricey though. Also if you really want to impress her then try One Pico - I've been there about 10 times and never had a bad meal...

Gilly

Heard good things about Mermaid alright.

One Pico is incredible, but book well in advance if you want a table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Damn, I wish I had one of those anniversary things, both of us are afraid to say we cant remember,:D

Anyways I know you said city centre...but would you consider outside? if so theirs a place called the Kingswood Country House Naas rd Clondalkin Dublin 22. 01 4592428.

Its very nice and wow, they even make dishes from scratch! as opposed to many city centre restaurants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

well i would consider outside dublin, but a) getting there would be difficult (neither of us drive) and b)we live on opposite ends of the city. with clondalkin situated awkwardly for both of us :/ . hmmm...thats a load of great suggestions, gonna note down a few and just wander round dublin and have a look. keep em coming if you can, i really want it to be somewhere really nice :)

Advertisement