Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart 2sl controller -cannot access disks

Options
  • 31-08-2003 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

anyone come across a smart 2sl controller which boots up and sees logical dirve after the disks have been configured , but when trying to install o/s it throws up an error saying
    cannot access the disks - run the array config again ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

I think you only configured the hardware from a bios point of view.
    You need to press F6(for win9x/nt) early in the install of the o/s
    to load 3rd party drivers for your raid.

The drivers need to go onto a floppy
    Generally they are on the CD, general readme.txt should have the location
    hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Did you try a different network cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 m0wgl1

whats a network cable got to do with disk i/o ???

thanks anyway !

as regards previous reply - The issue is not with o/s drivers , I can't install the Compaq system partition from the Smart start cd - and so can go no further - I have subsequently tried the disks and raid controller on a different box to rule out firmware on these components and have upgraded the "troubled" machine with latest Rompaq - Compaq have given me the usual reply -
    <it's a memory issue !> but this machine has been in production for quite some time without issue

I reckon whatever I am missing is staring me in the face - I am baffled
    anyone else any ideas ?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by m0wgl1
    whats a network cable got to do with disk i/o ???
    I dunno, but what answer were you looking for in the Net/Comms forum?

You might have better luck in Technology or Operating Systems.
    Compaq have given me the usual reply -
    <it's a memory issue !> but this machine has been in production for quite some time without issue
    Acquire thyself memtest86 and let it run overnight. That'll tell you if your system memory is good with 99% accuracy.

Advertisement