Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternal Cat - to a mouse?

• 31-08-2003 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi!!

Has anyone come across a cat who has a thing for a toy.... in particular a toy mouse? She carries it about, meows to it, sleeps beside it, carries it into our bed with her...talks to it?

Wierd.... perhaps because she was neutered very young?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I doubt it is because she was neutered very young, if you live in an apartment or something she mighnt get out much and hence no contact with other animals or she could be very funny in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

I have a cat who went through a phase like this, he had a pet mouse, and as you describe, took it everywhere with him.

I also had a cat who had a pet tea-towel. He would also take the tea towel everywhere with him.

Both cats (male) only had this odd (but ammusing) behaiviour when they where young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ka

LOL

Thankfully she is not alone - she is 3 now - so she may grow out of it :-)

A tea towel.....wierd...

Ka:-)

Advertisement