Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling = Fun!!!

• 31-08-2003 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

One of my mates got a massive bouncing castle in his garden this weekend. A load of us (all hardcore wrestling fans) all 'got in the ring', as it were, and proceeded to try out all our favorite moves on each other. I hit a few textbook Angle Slams and F-U's, not to mention an Eddie Guerrero 3-suplex chain once or twice. Haven't had that much fun in ages, despite being mostly in agony and covered head to toe in mat-burns. Even had a shoot with one of the guys who's a garda (I do Judo) and tapped him out with a triangle choke. Seriously though, haven't had that much craic in I don't know how long.
    Helped me realise something too. Yanno the way the odd random punter (read: nimrod) comes in here slagging off wrestling? Well, I've got a mate who was there when we were doing this, and he absolutely detests wresting. All he could do was slag us off for being sad for liking wrestling and how gay looking it is. So we invited him up and when he got there, he was the recipient of an F-U from me, a powerbomb from one of the other guys and then a 3D to top it all off. He still hates wrestling, but now has a real reason not to like it (he was marmalised). He's a bit of a wuss too. So, it makes me think, I reckon all those assclowns that come in here saying wrestling is crap, they are all just wimps and are afraid to test themselves too much in case they are made to look hopeless. As Morpheus said in the Matrix, "there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path".
    Anyway, does anyone agree with me? Or has anyone ever done anything like this and had a wrestling session with their mates?
    Feck it, I'd do it again, any time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

i used to all the time in my youngerr days.....got old though.
    there was 5 of us brothers in the family. oh the happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Ah the old bouncy castle!!

I was at a b-day bash for a mate of mine, who decided it would be fun to mix alcohol with a bouncy castle.

Everything was going well, ppl moshing etc, then I arrived :)

With that everyone wanted to wrestle, so to start proceedings I german suplexed a guy, too hard and fast I might add, he wasnt expecting it but took it in his stride. The same guy then insisted in getting hit with a powerbomb (which I messed up), TKO, another german suplex, standard suplex, dragon suplex (which apparantly looked sweet when i hit it), and a rolling fireman's carry into a senton (thank christ for skinny friends)

I am no small lad, so it took three of them to give me a piledriver, which was so much fun - problem was i fell on all three of them when they were trying to pick me up.

And yeah next day was pure agony, shoulder and neck were killing me but I would seriously do it again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    The same guy then insisted in getting hit with a powerbomb (which I messed up)

I know that feeling. My mate tried to give me a few powerbombs, but he kept messing them up and milling my neck. Nothing worse than the feeling of landing on your neck and feeling your body bend completely over you.
    One of the more fun one's though, that he was really good at giving, was the Alabamaslam. That one really rattles you when you hit the mat. Funniest thing was though, two of the guys tried a 3D on me but messed it up. Bascially, I ended up in a sandwich between the two of them and got creamed.
    Jesus, I can't wait to get another day like that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

During my teens I did it a fair bit, be it in an actual ring (that a mate built), or on grass verge (which is bloody well painful if you blow a spot.

This was early 90's so there wasn't much high flying action going on and it was mainly submission stuff we were doing. In the late 80's earlu 90's I was a huge Martel mark, hence I stole the Boston Crab for a finisher. Nothing spectacular but it was impressive watching Martel finish off Neidhart for the tag straps with it in 87.

One thing that made me never want to go back to it was being on the receiving end of a camel clutch for almost two minutes before eventually giving up. I could barely breathe afterwards!

Loved every minute of it.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brucealmighty

If thats the way you go on with your mates id hate to see you with your girlfriend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by brucealmighty
    If thats the way you go on with your mates id hate to see you with your girlfriend!

No girlfriend at the mo.....and why do I get the impression that you're probably not surprised :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

yep it sure is fun. what i always liked was whacking people over the head with celebration tins (uhm celebrations) do a fisherman suplex and then snap on a submission. whats not so fun is when ur brother fets u in a cloverleaf and wont let go. or if ur inside it always seems some1 gets there head hit off a wall.

Advertisement