Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Motherboard !!

• 31-08-2003 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wanted to see what the general view is on the "best" motherboard manufacturer.

Which do you think is the best? 41 votes

Asus
    0% 0 votes
    Abit
    39% 16 votes
    MSI
    43% 18 votes
    Epox
    9% 4 votes
    Gigabyte
    7% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i voted for Asus ans it seems to be winning but i think the chip set on the board is the really important factor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I like my msi mobo, got all sorts of stuff with it :) although i have yet to try any other "leading brand" mobos i can't really compare, but no probs yet with this one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

My Vote was Abit, supprised with the results so far :rolleyes: . Have had Asus, MSI and Abit - from now on me thinks ill be going Abit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

What the heck...?

Unless you have experience with several boards from every one of the manufacturers, there is no way you could possibly have a reliable measure of which manufacturer makes the best motherboards.

Wanted to see what peoples preference was, they dont have to have several boards to vote. Ie if they have read reviews, if they have had good experiences with a particular manufacturer.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

MSI make l33t stuff, I got a 845PE Max2 (ms-6704). Runs a perfectly stable win2k and linux..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    Wanted to see what peoples preference was, they dont have to have several boards to vote. Ie if they have read reviews, if they have had good experiences with a particular manufacturer.........
    That's not a comparison, and a lot of review sites aren't to be trusted to give accurate informations (*cough* THG *cough*)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I voted Abit cus I like the name :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

voted abit cos i have one meself and three of my friends have abit boards and not one of us have had any problems with them as of yet :D

That's not a comparison, and a lot of review sites aren't to be trusted to give accurate informations (*cough* THG *cough*)

Like i said before just peoples opinion, wheather they have had all the brands, have started with epox and love it, wheather they like the name (TacT :D) ..........
    I am not going to say, rite because everyone likes asus the best thats what im going to buy :) (*cough* Abit *cough*) . Agree with you about the review sites , some are reliable some are slightly influenenced :rolleyes:

Who takes your fancy anyway??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

I go with Abit too. My current board (Abit IS7) is the best overclocker I've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

My Abit IC7-G is a fabulous overclocker ... but for sheer reliability my MSI dual processor was the business (RIP :( ) rest in pieces ... some to my sister some to my brother and some in my new computer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

I went for ABIT aswell. i also have the IS7. great board though i havnt overclocked it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Hmm my MSI NForce2 board was a bit buggy with certain RAM configurations, but I've used 4 other MSI boards (w/ VIA chips) and all have been great... like others though I won't be voting cos I haven't had enough experience of the other boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I use an ASUS A7N8X and it's totally stable and have never had a problem - don't overclock it much but will be getting into it - the nVidia NForce 2 chipset it uses gets great reviews too...

However - I've heard the Abit NF7-S is the dog's proverbials - and that's probably what I'll be getting next....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

System Mainboard
    Manufacturer : Iwill
    Model : XP333-R/32404A

I know its not on the list but thats what i have been useing for allmost 2 years. Tis good but cant wait to build another computer.

Have not voted nor will i, as i have no experience with the other boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Originally posted by BadCharlie
    System Mainboard
    Manufacturer : Iwill
    Model : XP333-R/32404A

I know its not on the list but thats what i have been useing for allmost 2 years. Tis good but cant wait to build another computer.

Have not voted nor will i, as i have no experience with the other boards.

yeah Iwill. I used to have an Iwill dual nomaf board for p3, Ran a sweet linux, but win 2K was prettymuch unusable. Altho i think that was more Microsofts fault. Iwill are a good make. I think its fairly safe to say that MSI and ABIT pwn, I mean they are fairly safe bets, ill reserve my judgement on asus for the moment, I have an asus geforce ti4200 and its l33t but ive come across big probs with asus motherboards before. So any other info on the more unpopular manufacturers like Iwill, and in particular, what do people think of alternative architechure (i.e sis)on different boards.

Advertisement