Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diving during the winter

• 31-08-2003 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Do Irish divers dive during the winter ?

I am moving to Ireland next month from Norway and are used to diving all year round and if there is ice we make a hole in it,,

My impression is that ther are really few who dive between oktober and mai is this true
    :confused:

If not, I be happy to buddy up
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

We are trying to organise a dive for the first weekend in october. Would this be good for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Although a lot of dive operations will stop running boat services during Winter but some operations continue right the way through, Scuba Dive West in Galway for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

We have dived all year around so you shouldn't have any probs.
    Originally posted by NordicDiver
    and if there is ice we make a hole in it,,
    :)

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I am moving to Ireland next month from Norway and are used to diving all year round and if there is ice we make a hole in it,,

Am i right in saying that Ice diving can give some outstanding vis? The way i look at is that theres no real surface waves/wash to kick up the crap on the bottom so everything settles.

Wouldn't mind a bit of that. I hear they have some real good ice diving in Iceland. Whats it like in Norway?

Another thing, what sort of undersuit would you wear with the dry suit...300mg or more? Or are you guys just double hard and dive in wet suits ;)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

HI

I am happy to see that some are diving all year.

I have to see closer to the date in october, but i will try to join the dive.

I use a weezle extreme+ under my trilaminat suit with some good long johns, drygloves and fullface mask, if i have to make a gas switch i put on my inner hood and that make me look like a bank robber :ninja:

We have some current under the ice, soo the viz is about the same in the sea, but in lakes the vis can be 50+ meter if its not any snow that bloks the sun, or else its vary dark,

THX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Cool :)

Advertisement