Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE FINAL - Armagh V Tyrone

• 01-09-2003 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

There's been a lot of media spec that this years football All Ireland is going to be a dull affair?

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

its going to be a dull torid affair.

My advice to all is watch the Dublin v Laois Minor final, at least they can kick pass a ball and with only 6 defenders.

I dont know how im going to watch it without falling asleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

PH01 you are so biased, anyway it will be a brilliant final, especially to sicken spillane. But armagh will deffinatley miss John McEntee if he gets suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Liam3494

As an Ulster Football Fan, albeit a Down Man, I disagree that teh Final will be torrid - Far from it. I've had the "misfortune" to see Tyrone play twice this year - Ulster finals, and whilst there game may not be the most aesthetic, I can assure you if you didn't see the drawn Ulster Final, that it was a fantastically exciting game, and even though we should have won, I came away enthralled by a great match.

Armagh can be dour as well, but like in Soccer when you can get an exciting 0-0 draw, sometimes, games are not just about scoring.

What I can say is that the referee and officials better be on their guard. Tyrone are THE best when it comes to winning frees by stretching the rules to the limit, and Armagh can do the same.

All in all, The First ALL Ulster Final will be one to remember, just hope it is for the right reasons. And I think I'll be heading up to Tyrone to watch it - So, COME ON TYRONE!

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Qadhafi

sometimes, games are not just about scoring.

? ok.

well all i can say is that is going to be a crap final becuase its 2 northern Ireland teams playing. Its fair to say that it will be put down as an irellevant year because of this.

You couldn never argue that N.I football is inspiring, dismal yes watchable no.

I dont know how this sorry state of affairs came about. All I can say is that I cant ever see a Northern Ireland team in the Hurling All Ireland Final (yet alone win it!) due to the complete lack of skill shown by each the 6 counties in varying degrees.

Well there is only one thing for it, watch the match, cringe a lot and keep drinking so you just start laughing at how bad both sides are hahahahaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 johnpaul

Do I detect some sour grapes off u Southern heads.

Well let me tell u how it came about - because they have the best teams in the country.

How do any teams in gaa, soccer , rugby whatever the sport is, if your in the final - u r gonna 1st and 2nd best obviously.

It doesn't take a genious to work that one out - am i going to fast for u - if so just let me know and we'll slow down.

UP ULSTER FOOTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even like hurling - coz u can tell who's gonna win it every year - now thats boring - -- -- so tell u what -

ASK ME BLEEDIN HOOP !!!!

or better still

Why don't you ask de back end of me bullocks !!!

Jealousy - never pays off lads.

On the 28th Sep - be prepared for one of the most competitive and hard-fought games seen in Gaelic and maybe u southern heads will realise just how good the Ulster province is.

AND thats not just Tyrone and Armagh - that stands for the whole of ulster.

Ulster teams are **** - who are u kidding - 3 out of 4 semi-finalist were from ulster - and 2 in the final - It says it all in the facts.

So lads - wake up and smell the coffee. Don't be bitter - U will get your chance again..... It's the way it goes.

UP TYRONE :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

There is too much space on the Croke Park pitch for it to be a dismal game because the two sides are so skillful. And yes I have noticed quite an anti-Ulster vibe around here from some of the other Provences. If Cavan were playing in any other provence, they'd win it every once in a while. In Ulster they can't get a kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

If Cavan were playing in any other provence, they'd win it every once in a while. In Ulster they can't get a kick.

hehehe. nice one! :p

Ulster football is reknowned for not being pretty.

It's not a "anti-Ulster" forum we're running but traditionally the other 3 provences have produced more skillful teams in terms of football standards.

As for the final itself....I hope it will be a good game. you can already smell the heavy challenges so the ONLY thing that can ruin the 2003 football final is a blind retarded ref.

There is too much space on the Croke Park pitch for it to be a dismal game because the two sides are so skillful

Have I come across a comedy thread???
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

both sides probably have the least skill for finalists since year dot. The only they have managed to get to the final is 'certain tatics' Tom humphreys of the irish times summed it up. Crowding fellas out of it and a very physical side.

There crap, I dont care who wins cos its going to be an ugly final. I'd love to see some of those teams pick up a hurley and try to play.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Qadhafi
    Have I come across a comedy thread???
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

both sides probably have the least skill for finalists since year dot. The only they have managed to get to the final is 'certain tatics' Tom humphreys of the irish times summed it up. Crowding fellas out of it and a very physical side.

There crap, I dont care who wins cos its going to be an ugly final. I'd love to see some of those teams pick up a hurley and try to play.
    har har har... We'll see on Sunday week.

har har har... We'll see on Sunday week.

yeah we will, it will be a big flop in front of 80,000 and the country watching.

rules will be changed after this final, i bet any money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement