Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th Sept: IOFFL Appreciation Day!!!!!!

Options
  • 01-09-2003 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭

Dear members of Ireland Offline,

Show your appreciation for what the Ireland Offline, have achieved by celebrating the introduction across the three main ISP's of "Fixed Rate Internet Access".

Some suggestion of how we could do this.

Make up a flyer, containing a comparison chart of the products.

Like the blackout, make a page that could be the intro page on member sites similar to the flyer. Only this time it doesn't blackout the site. But allows continued access in to the site.

If the flyer gets made up, print of a few copies and pass around your friends and relatives. Put it on your notice board at work etc.

Time is short to get this going so you will help out by designing banners and flyers.

It is time for new information drive. Getting the Information to the public that they have a choice. And unlike previous attempts these flat rate products are regulated. And not something that can be taken back now that they are here.

Regards,
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭corkie

4th Sept: Ireland OFFLine Appreciation Day
    Show your appreciation for what IOFFL have achieved so far.
    Start to day by putting this in your boards SIG.

UTVipXL 180hrs @ €24.95 per month. :DIOL Anytime 180hrs @ €30.00 per month. :)€ircom 150hrs @ €30.00 per month. :confused:

TIP: Hit quote and copy and pasted the above in to your profile!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You really should have advertised this about 2 weeks ago because your only really giving people 3 days to do anything at all!

Also where are you picking the 4th Sept date out of??

Surely May 13th would have been a much better date to arrange any kind of celebration as that was the day The Meeting! took place which ultimatly formed IrelandOffLine..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭corkie

Originally posted by Cabaal
    You really should have advertised this about 2 weeks ago because your only really giving people 3 days to do anything at all!
    I didn't come up with the Idea for the appreciation until the earlier hours of Monday morning.
    Also where are you picking the 4th Sept date out of??
    It's the day that eircom are making their Flat Rate products available.
    Surely May 13th would have been a much better date to arrange any kind of celebration as that was the day The Meeting! took place which ultimatly formed IrelandOffLine..

It's not a celebration, their is a lot more work to do before, we can truly celebrate Afforable Internet, through various method of connecting.
    Maybe by next may, we will have something more to celebrate.

I am just a support/member of IOFFL. It just away for general members, to show their appreciation for the work the core member's and committee having be doing over the last two years.

I have drafted a page that could be used. What do the members think? Click here

Suggestions for changes in the TEXT welcome.

If you want to show your appreciation just link to this forum in the signature as shown above. You can change it back again on friday.

Regards,
    John.

Come on folks, show your appreciation. Change your SIG, at least, to above example until Friday. "I hate going fishing, when I don't even get a bite.".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

corkie,

I have tried to copy and post the Sig, but I get nowhere?.. exactly how do I do this correctly [In plain non technical language that is easily understandable to a non techie like me. Would be much appreciated.]

Thanks.

P.;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Properly the best thing you can do is upload a txt file somewhere.

Paste in your signature into it (including UBB code) then post the link to the .txt file here

Should allow the sig to be easily setup for other people

• Advertisement
Advertisement