Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Speed Problem -Secret Weapons Demo

Options
  • 01-09-2003 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, im just wondering if anyone gets any problems with the pitch of the sound when playing the Secret Weapons demo. Its seems the sound crackles a lot then plays very quickly, at about double the sped of normal., I think this problem is related to integrated sound cards built into the motherboards of certain computers. Anyone know a fix?:ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have of yet not heard of that problem. Change your sound settings, decreasing the number of channels. This may help a bit.

A few people have had problems with crackling noise on their sound, though this happened with one of the old updates, v1.3 i think it was.

As i said play around with the sound settings. Decrease the number of channels or so. Or even do what i did. Buy yourself an Audigy and 5.1 Speakers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Originally posted by TuathaDeDanaan
    Hi, im just wondering if anyone gets any problems with the pitch of the sound when playing the Secret Weapons demo. Its seems the sound crackles a lot then plays very quickly, at about double the sped of normal., I think this problem is related to integrated sound cards built into the motherboards of certain computers. Anyone know a fix?:ninja:
    Hi,

I have the same strange thing going on.
    Normal BF runs quite good with the sound. The Demo has strange noises with exact the same settings like the normal BF.

I don't know what it is however: I had the same problems with an earlier Version of BF, maybe the developer used the old code for the demo ;)

jow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭TuathaDeDanaan

nah cant fix it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Are any of you having problems with the v1.45 patch?

As with every Expansion Pack there is an update, i am assuming the Demo works along the lines of the v1.45 patch. Are you having the same problems with the Patch on normal Battlefield as you are having with the Demo?

If not then dont worry. It shouldnt then happen with the full game [Battlefield 1942 and Secret Weapons] but only then with the Demo version.

Advertisement