Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirCON still ripping people off

Options
  • 01-09-2003 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I worked for a telesales company in cork this summer. We called people up and converted them from eircom to us, for their phone calls.
    While working this summer I found out an interesting fact. When you change from eircom to some other phone crowd, and if your line breaks down (if the damage is outside your house, if it's inside i.e your hamster ate your line or you bust the phone during rennovations then you can be charged) and if eircom charge you for fixing it - they can be sued. 16 people sued them a few years back and eircom were told if they were caught charging people for maintenence outside of the home they will loose their license. Over the summer I found 31 people who had been charged by eircom for damage caused to their line outside the home during thunder storms! They all have contacted their solicitors :D

Comments

Advertisement