Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How fast can a 1700axp JIUHB go?

Options
  • 01-09-2003 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

I finally got an NF7 motherboard for my 1700axp JIUHB. I'm currently running at 20 multiplier & 110 fsb (my ddr is shíte). I'm going to order some decent ram. What sort of speeds can I expect? I'm very impressed with this processor so far. Temperatures are ~40c full load on my AERO 7 running at about 90% of maximum speed. Stability is 100%.

The processor is easily matching my P4 @ 2533mhz (stock). I'm looking forward to my free upgrade to a P4-2800mhz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Thats going pretty well for you so far :) . Could you post the other code on your chip, ie DUT3C or DLT3C.

The JIUHB is a Tbred B core, which is a very good thing. If it is a dlt3c the stock voltage is 1.5v and you can expect prob 2.35 - 2.5ghz with good air cooling. If its a dut3c you can prob expect 2.2 - 2.35ghz as the stock voltage is 1.6v.

With the dlt3c, the week of manufacture also is suppose to make a difference along with the code just after the week, ie 0330 vpmw . And also the big long code like y0980970897896986986, the first letter is an indicator.

Some of this is myth but tends to be correct most of the time. Its a good indication that your gettin 2.2ghz stable so far. What is your Vcore ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It's running at 1.5 voltage core :D

What ram would you suggest? That chip really was fantastic value.

You lucky feckr , that chip should do 2.4ghz anyway. She's at 2.2ghz @1.5Vcore - wow nice chip. Think in general people keep the Vcore under 1.8v with that chip (it seems to dislike high voltage).

Ram wise....... if the NF7 is a revision 2.0 then the board is capable of over 200mhz FSB and the chip should follow suit. Pc3200 ram would be a good idea in my opinion.
    Pc3500 mabye but i dont think you will get much over the 200mhz FSB mark with that chip (unless you modify it).

Great board by the way, have one myself and i love it to bits!!
    Did you check the chip for stability with Prime95??

Im dont know the Aero7 cooler, it might hold you back. Also what is your PSU like, thats another possible limiting factor. With a great chip like that its worth putting a bit into it.

Memory - www.shop4memory.com , based in kildare free delivery and cheapest OCZ prices in europe.

Water Cooling (mabye :D) - www.hitide.ie

Loki

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I put a 512mb stick of Kingston 2700 (266mhz) into the machine. I'm now running at 133 x 17 (about 2266mhz). An 800mhz overclock already :)

The machine is still running at 100% stability. I didn’t run prime, I ran 3DMark03 a few times.

I wonder how much further I can go with this ram / this voltage etc. :)

My primary concerns are stability and noise. I'm only running the Aero 7 at 3050rpm (max is about 3300rpm). Temperatures seem great at about 42c full load.

I built an 1800axp for a neighbour about a year ago, his full load temps are about 65c :rolleyes: . All of the components get really very hot, ram, graphics card etc. His pc is still extremely reliable.

You wont really know if your system is stable unless you run prime95 for 6-12hours. Ive had an overclock that passed countless sandra burnin tests (cpu only) , and ran prime95 and failed in a few mins :) .

Your neighbour prob has a palimino core 1800, they run very hot. Also different motherboards will report different temps, up or down. You might want to make sure theres a case fan or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Stefan @CORK

Hi,

very good overclock!! You can check here for more people oc their cpu's Overclockers.com - database .
    I got my xp2500+(1833MHz) running @2400 (12x200MHz).

Advertisement